NOTRE DAME, Ind. — Notre Dame returns to Purcell Pavilion to open a home-and-home with Michigan on Wednesday night at 7 p.m. ET. After Wednesday’s tilt the Irish and Wolverines will meet again in Ann Arbor on Sunday, September 22nd at 3 p.m. Wednesday’s match will be televised live on ACC Network while Sunday’s contest will be on ESPNU.
SERIES HISTORY VS. MICHIGAN
The Irish and Wolverines will be meeting for the 16th time on Wednesday with Notre Dame holding an 8-7 edge in the all-time series. The Irish won five consecutive matches vs. Michigan from September 10, 1987-September 20, 1996. The last home win against the Wolverines came via sweep on August 27th, 2005.
Notre Dame currently leads the ACC with an average of 16.09 digs per set and ranks third in the conference with 531 total digs in 33 sets of play. Charley Niego (109) and Madison Cruzado (108) rank sixth and seventh in the ACC in total digs entering play this week.
The Irish rank third in the ACC with 82 total blocks in their first eight matches and are currently outblocking their opponents by a +14 margin. Kristin Baer is third in the conference with 41 total blocks in 2019.
- 40 – Irish Volleyball is in the midst of its 40th season of competition at the University
- 16.09 – The Irish currently lead the ACC with an average of 16.09 digs per set.
- 10.79 – Zoe Nunez currently ranks second in the conference with an average of 10.79 assists per set. The sophomore has racked up 356 assists in her first eight matches of the 2019 season.
- 41 – Kristin Baer ranks third in the ACC with a team-high 41 blocks in eight matches. She totaled a career-best 10 blocks in Notre Dame’s four-set victory over Northern Kentucky on Saturday, September 14th.
- 82 – The Irish have totaled 82 team blocks over their first eight matches to begin the season. They are currently outblocking their opponents by a +14 margin.