NOTRE DAME, Ind. — Notre Dame (15-5, 8-2 ACC) hits the road this weekend to take on Syracuse and Boston College. The Irish meet the Orange on Friday, November 1st at 7 p.m. before facing the Eagles on Sunday, November 3rd at 1 p.m. Both matches will be streamed live via ACC Network Extra.
NOTRE DAME at SYRACUSE & BOSTON COLLEGE
Location: Syracuse, N.Y. & Chestnut Hill, Mass.
How To Watch: ACCN Extra (Syracuse) | ACCN Extra (BC)
Live Stats: Live Stats (Syracuse) | Live Stats (BC)
Twitter Updates: @NDVolleyball
Game Notes: Syracuse & BC
HISTORY VS. SYRACUSE
Friday will be the 33rd time that the Irish and Orange square off with Notre Dame holding a 24-8 advantage in the series. The Irish have won three of the past four matchups against Syracuse, including a sweep last season inside Purcell Pavilion on October 26th, 2018. In that contest, Charley Niego totaled a game-high 15 kills while Sydney Bent added 13 kills.
HISTORY VS. BOSTON COLLEGE
Sunday marks the 23rd matchup between Notre Dame and Boston College. The Irish hold an 18-4 mark against the Eagles and have won four consecutive matches against Boston College dating back to October 9th, 2016. Last season, the Irish earned a four-set victory over the Eagles at Purcell on October 28th, 2018.
WELCOME TO BLOCKTOBER
The Irish have totaled 191 team blocks this season, which ranks fourth in the ACC, and are currently out-blocking their opponents by a +39.5 margin. Graduate student Kristin Baer ranks fourth in the ACC with 87 total blocks entering play this weekend.
DIGGING THE VIBE
Notre Dame leads the conference with an average of 15.86 digs per set. The Irish have earned 70+ digs in six matches so far in 2019, including a 79-dig effort in a five-set victory over Michigan on September 18th. Junior Madison Cruzado earned a career-high 27 digs in a five-set match vs. Louisville on October 16th.
- 40 – Irish Volleyball is in the midst of its 40th season of competition at the University.
- 15.86 – Entering the week, the Irish lead the ACC with an average of 15.86 digs per set.
- 10.49 – Zoe Nunez currently ranks third in the conference with an average of 10.49 assists per set. The sophomore has racked up 829 assists, which leads the ACC.
- 87 – Graduate student Kristin Baer ranks fourth in the ACC with 87 total blocks entering this weekend.
- 19 — The Irish have totaled 191 team blocks this season. They are currently out-blocking their opponents by a +39.5 margin.