WHO: #5/5 Notre Dame (3-2-1) vs. #7/9 Ohio State (3-2-1)
WHEN: Friday, November 2 – 7:30 p.m. | Saturday, November 3 – 7:30 p.m.
WHERE: Compton Family Ice Arena
WATCH: Friday – NBC Sports Chicago+, NBC Sports Philadelphia+ & SNY | Saturday – NBCSN
LISTEN: Friday Radio Broadcast | Saturday Radio Broadcast
TICKET INFO: Click here
THE SERIES VS. OHIO STATE
- The Irish and Buckeyes have shared the ice 78 times, with the series tied at 34-34-10.
- Most recently, the two teams squared off at Compton on St. Patrick’s Day 2018, with the Irish earning a 3-2 overtime victory to win the 2018 Big Ten Tournament crown.
- 299 – In his 14th season, head coach Jeff Jackson now has 299 career wins at Notre Dame (299-177-55)
- 50 – Notre Dame is embarking upon the 50th season of varsity hockey at the University
- 14 – Head coach Jeff Jackson is in his 14th season behind the Notre Dame bench. He has led the Irish to nine NCAA tournament appearances and four Frozen Fours.
- 8 – The 2018-19 Irish roster boasts eight players who have been selected in the NHL Draft.
- 7 – With the 2018 Big Ten tournament and regular season titles, Notre Dame has now won even conference championships in program history, each under Jeff Jackson(three regular season)
- 5 – With his shutout against Providence to claim the Ice Breaker Championship on Oct. 13, goaltender Cale Morris boasts five career shutouts with the Irish
- 3 – Jack Jenkins, Bobby Nardella and Cal Burke have combined for Notre Dame’s three shorthanded goals this season, which is tied for the second-most in the country.
- 2 – Against Mercyhurst on Oct. 12, junior Cal Burke notched a third period hat trick — the second of his career. He became the first Irish player since Anders Lee with multiple career hat tricks.
- 1 – The Irisk kicked off their 2018-19 campaign in first place at the Ice Breaker Tournament. Following a 6-6 shootout win over Mercyhurst, the Irish defeated Provience 3-0 for the championship.
- The Fighting Irish are in the midst of three consecutive weekend series against last season’s Frozen Four teams, including No. 1/1 Minnesota Duluth, No. 7/9 Ohio State and No. 12/13 Michigan.
- Last weekend Notre Dame hosted Minnesota Duluth in a rematch of the 2018 NCAA Frozen Four Championship and dropped a pair of close games (3-2 & 3-1).
- Senior forward Joe Wegwerth skated in his 100th career game last Friday against the Bulldogs.
- Junior captain Andrew Peeke scored his third career power-play goal on Friday night, and his first since his freshman season.
- This weekend’s series between the Irish and Buckeyes kicks off the 2018-19 conference schedule for both teams.
- In 2017-18, Notre Dame posted a 4-1-0 record against Ohio State including a weekend sweep in Notre Dame’s first series as a Big Ten affiliate member (Nov. 3-4 at Ohio State including scores of 4-1 and 3-2).
- Notre Dame clinched the Big Ten regular season title against Ohio State with a 2-1 win on Feb. 9 and then downed the Buckeyes in the Big Ten championship game to win the tournament title on Cam Morrison’s overtime winner (3-2 on March 17).
- Notre Dame Associate Head Coach Paul Pooley is a 1984 graduate of Ohio State where he earned All-American honors and graduated as the program’s all-time leader in goals (114), assists (156) and points (270). Pooley, who wore No. 22, became the first Ohio State hockey player to have his number retired on November 4, 2006 during a game between Notre Dame and Ohio State. Pooley’s nephew, Austin Pooley, is a sophomore forward with the Buckeyes.