NOTRE DAME, Ind. – No. 8/8 Notre Dame opens up the 2021 season at home against Robert Morris at 2 p.m. ET on Saturday, Feb. 27 at Arlotta Stadium. The game will be broadcast live on ACCNX.
Location: Notre Dame, Indiana | Arlotta Stadium
Schedule: Feb. 27 — 2 p.m. ET
Live Stream: ACCNX
Live Stats: UND.com
Twitter Updates: @NDlacrosse
For a more in-depth look at the matchup – Game Notes: Notre Dame
THE ROBERT MORRIS SERIES
• Saturday will be the second meeting all time between Notre Dame and Robert Morris. The Irish won the previous matchup during the 2014 season by a score of 15-5.
• In the 2014 showdown, 11 different Irish players scored a goal in the win, with Sergio Perkovic leading the team with four goals. Liam O’Connor dominated the X, winning 17-of-20 faceoffs.
CORRIGAN REACHES HISTORIC MILESTONE
• Baumer Family Head Men’s Lacrosse Coach Kevin Corrigan became just the third coach in NCAA Division I men’s lacrosse history to reach the 300-win mark at a single school with the win over Marquette on April 10, 2019.
• Corrigan is one of just four active Division I coaches to reach the 300-win mark in his career.
• Corrigan has an overall record of 315-164 in his 34 seasons of coaching.
• The head coach is 305-149 in his 33 seasons at Notre Dame.
• Corrigan is the longest tenured men’s lacrosse coach at the DI level.
FANTASTIC FEBRUARYS FOR THE FIGHTING IRISH
• Notre Dame is 30-3 in its last 33 games played in February dating back to the 2006 season.
• Fighting Irish head coach Kevin Corrigan is 39-6 in the month of February during his Notre Dame tenure.
• The Irish finished 2-1 last season in February, defeating Cleveland State and #18/17 Richmond and falling at No. 7 Maryland.
OWNING THE OPENERS
• Notre Dame is 33-7 all-time in season openers, including a 27-5 record in the Kevin Corrigan era.
• The Irish have won a program-record 18 straight season openers.
• Notre Dame opened the 2020 season with a 17-7 win over Cleveland State on Feb. 15.
• The Irish last dropped a season opener in 2002, a 10-9 overtime setback at home against Penn State.
• In home openers, the Irish are 36-4 in program history and 29-3 under Corrigan.
• Notre Dame welcomes 17 new players to the program for the 2021 season. Five are grad transfers and 11 are freshmen.
• The five graduate students looking to make an instant impact are Kyle Gallagher (Penn), Kyle Thornton (Penn), David Lipka (Syracuse), Sean Leahey (Providence) and Will Yorke (Bucknell).
• Gallagher is a USILA & Inside Lacrosse Preseason Second Team All-American at the FOGO position.
• Notre Dame placed three players on the Preseason All-ACC Team entering the 2021 season. Graduate student FOGO Kyle Gallagher, graduate student defenseman Jack Kielty and senior SSDM Ryan Hallenbeck each earned the honors from the conference’s coaches.
• Also included in the preseason release from the ACC was the annual coaches poll. The Irish were pegged fifth in the rankings, earning seven points.
THE ATTACK IS BACK
• Six of Notre Dame’s top eight goal scorers from the 2020 season are back in uniform for the Irish.
• Four of six attacking starters from the 2020 squad are back in 2021, as Pat Kavanagh, Griffin Westlin, Wheaton Jackoboice, Quinn McCahon Tommy McNamara and Morrison Mirer return to the field.
• Kavanagh (16), Westlin (16) and Jackoboice (11) each recorded double-digit points in the shortened five game season last year.
• Notre Dame also adds Will Yorke (31 points) and Sean Leahey (22 points) into the mix.