WHO: #–/RV Vanderbilt (2-0) vs. #8/8 Notre Dame (2-0)
WHEN: Saturday, Sept. 15 | 2:30 p.m. ET
WHERE: Notre Dame Stadium | Notre Dame, IN
WATCH: NBC (Mike Tirico, Doug Flutie & Kathryn Tappen) | NBCSports.com | NBC Sports Live Extra App
LISTEN: Notre Dame Radio Network (Paul Burmeister, Ryan Harris & Jack Nolan) | 101.5 FM & 960 AM (South Bend) | SiriusXM 129 | Find Your Station
- Following Ball State’s scoring drive of 85 yards in 19 plays on its first offensive possession, Notre Dame held the Cardinals to just 36 total yards over their next 19 offensive plays from scrimmage.
- Notre Dame has scored 21 total points in the first quarter of games this season. The Irish notched two touchdowns against Michigan and one against Ball State in the opening period.
- Te’von Coney led all players with 14 tackles (10 solo), including 3.0 tackles for loss and a full sack, in the win over Ball State last weekend.
- Through two games this season, Notre Dame has connected on 10 different explosion completions of 20 or more yards. The Irish made three such plays against Michigan and seven against Ball State.
- Notre Dame ranks ninth nationally in total penalty yardage assessed in the latest release of NCAA FBS statistics. The Irish have been penalized for only 60 total yards after two full games.
- The Notre Dame defense has forced opponents into eight different three-and-out drives over the first 27 opposing offensive drives of 2018.
- Notre Dame defensive players combined to log an even seven tackles for loss in the win against Ball State.
- Notre Dame held six different Ball State rushers to a combined 180 yards on 47 rushing attempts (3.6 yards per carry) during the win over the Cardinals.
- Notre Dame and Ball State combined to attempt conversions on five different chances on fourth down in Saturday’s game. The offensive team was successful on four of the five conversion attempts.
- Notre Dame is one of four teams ranked in the current national top 10 to have faced and defeated a fellow top-25 foe thus far in 2018.
- Miles Boykin hauled in three receptions of 20 or more yards in the win over Ball State. Boykin covered 20, 23 and 26 yards as part of a career-high six catches for 119 yards.
- Jalen Elliott notched the first two INT of his career on Saturday against Ball State. Elliott was the first Notre Dame safety with multiple picks in a game since Harrison Smith (3) at the 2010 Sun Bowl.
- In the only prior meeting between Notre Dame and Vanderbilt at Notre Dame Stadium (1995), the Irish blanked the Commodores 41-0 behind two touchdowns from Marc Edwards.
- Notre Dame has not had an empty seat for a home game since 1973. The 264-game sellout streak is the second-longest in NCAA history.