Deputy Athletics Director (Corporate Relations)
Jim Fraleigh, a 1988 University of Notre Dame graduate with a degree in accounting, is in his seventh year as the deputy athletics director and 30th year as a member of the Irish athletics department staff. As deputy athletics director, Fraleigh works closely with Jack Swarbrick and his executive team on the day-to-day operations of Notre Dame’s highly successful athletic program. Fraleigh oversees all of Notre Dame’s external units and functions including business strategy, ticket sales and service, multimedia rights, marketing, ticket operations, fan experience, new business development, corporate sponsorships and serves as a strategic liaison with the athletic advancement office. Fraleigh`s leadership efforts have included:
- Leading the negotiation of the athletics department’s apparel contract with Under Armour in 2014. He continues to be responsible for the oversight of this partnership as well as other key athletic department corporate and business relationships.
- Responsibility for acquiring and retaining strategic business partnerships for the athletics department and overseeing all commercial revenue producing activities.
- Managing the development of business partnerships that drive revenue for the department, including contract negotiations for all corporate relationships and the Shamrock Series football games. He provides leadership in the negotiation of Shamrock Series international game locations as well as the organization and planning for the games.
- Overseeing the management of the ticketing, technology and marketing offices. He serves as a strategic liaison between the athletics advancement staff and the athletics department.
- Involvement in the planning of various athletic department interests within the Campus Crossroads Project, a $400 million construction project built around Notre Dame Stadium. The project included more than 750,000 square feet of classroom, research, student facility, digital media performance, and meeting space as well as hospitality and club space, premium seating, new concession areas and press box.
Fraleigh oversees Notre Dame Global Partnerships, corporate hospitality and the marketing and sales of Notre Dame Stadium’s premium seating and club areas.
Fraleigh is a contributing member of the athletics department strategy team, executive committee and the University’s licensing, concessions advisory and corporate governance committees. He represented Notre Dame on the Atlantic Coast Conference Officiating Committee and the executive committee of the Sports Management Institute.
For the past eleven years, Fraleigh has served as the sport administrator for the Notre Dame men’s basketball program. During the 2014-15 season the program saw extraordinary success by winning the ACC championship and making a run to the Elite Eight of the NCAA Men’s Basketball Championship for the first time since 1979.
Prior to being promoted to deputy athletics director, Fraleigh served as the associate athletics director from 2009-2013. During his career at Notre Dame, Fraleigh has had a steady ascent up the ranks, serving as manager of sports marketing, director of ticketing and marketing, assistant athletics director for ticketing and marketing, assistant athletics director for community relations and ticket operations and executive director of the Notre Dame Monogram Club, Notre Dame’s varsity letter-winner organization and associate athletics director for corporate relations. He also previously served as the sport administrator for the women’s golf and baseball teams.
Before returning to Notre Dame, the Vernon, Connecticut, native worked with Coopers & Lybrand in Hartford, Connecticut. Fraleigh and his wife, Jody, live in Mishawaka, Indiana, and have three sons: Brendan (Notre Dame ’17), Casey (Notre Dame ’19), and Riley a sophomore at Notre Dame.