March 5, 2013
NOTRE DAME, Ind. – Three-time Super Bowl-winning head coach Bill Belichick has joined an already impressive list of guest speakers at the 2013 University of Notre Dame Football Coaches Clinic. Fighting Irish head coach Brian Kelly and all of his assistant coaches will also give presentations at the clinic, which is scheduled for April 11-13.
Coaches and participants interested in receiving an advanced football course taught by the Irish coaching staff and some of the top high school coaches in the country are welcome to attend.
Chalk-talk sessions will provide attendees with an excellent opportunity to become familiar with various coaching techniques and a chance to know the coaches and other participants.
In addition to the various presentations, participants will get an exclusive look at the 2013 Fighting Irish football team as the squad practices twice during the clinic. Coaches’ socials both Thursday and Friday evenings, a hosted dinner on Friday and a tour of the Notre Dame Stadium locker room are all included. Local vendors and exhibitors will also be present during the weekend.
Registration is now available online at www.notredamecoachesclinic.com. The clinic is $65 per coach or $50 per coach for groups of at least six coaches for those who pre-register. Walk-up registration is $80.
Any questions or concerns can be directed to Notre Dame director of football operations Chad Klunder at 574-631-7475 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cincinnati Bengals head coach Marvin Lewis, Chicago Bears head coach Mark Trestman, former Nevada head coach Chris Ault, former Tampa Bay Buccaneers and Cincinnati Bengals head coach Sam Wyche, and former Irish All-American offensive lineman and current Kansas City Chiefs offensive line coach Andy Heck have already been announced as guest speakers.
- Belichick has been the head coach of the New England Patriots since 2000, which makes him the longest tenured head coach in the National Football League. He has led the franchise to five Super Bowl appearances, including titles in Super Bowl XXXVI, XXXVIII and XXXIX .
- Belichick has been named the Associated Press NFL Coach of the Year three times (2003, 2007 and 2010).
- Belichick, the winningest coach in franchise history, has led the Patriots to winning seasons in 12 of his 13 seasons on the sidelines. New England has collected at least 10 victories in 11 different campaigns under Belichick, including each of the 10 years.
- Belichick has led the Patriots to eight division titles, including five consecutive titles from 2003-07 (and only missed the playoffs on tiebreakers in 2002 and 2008).
- Belichick served as linebackers’ coach and defensive coordinator of the New York Giants from 1979-90. He coordinated Super Bowl-winning defenses in 1987 and 1991.
— ND —