NOTRE DAME, Ind. – The University of Notre Dame baseball team fis out the road for a cross-division ACC matchup with Georgia Tech. The two teams will face off in Atlanta for the first time since 2015 for a three-game series. The series gets underway Friday night at 6 p.m. ET with all three games broadcast on the ACC Network Extra.
|Notre Dame (10-12, 5-4 ACC) vs. Georgia Tech (17-6, 5-4 ACC)|
|When:|| Friday, March 29 | 6:00 p.m. ET
Saturday, March 30 | 4:00 p.m. ET
Sunday, March 31 | 1:00 p.m. ET
|Where:||Atlanta, Ga. | Russ Chandler Stadium|
|Watch:|| ACC Network Extra – Friday
ACC Network Extra – Saturday
ACC Network Extra – Sunday
Know the Opponent: Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets
- Notre Dame and Georgia Tech will meet for just the third time in ACC play, with the Irish making their first trip to Atlanta for a series since 2015.
- The teams last met at Frank Eck Stadium during the 2017 season and the Irish swept the three-game series with the Yellow Jackets.
- Notre Dame won the opening two games by a score of 4-3 before winning the final game 9-6 after a six-run third inning.
Running Towards a Midweek Victory
- In their first midweek home matchup of the season, the Irish blazed a trail on the base paths in its win over Chicago State.
- A patient approach at the plate yielded a season-high 12 walks for the Irish batters and once they reached base, they were on the move early and often.
- The Irish racked up 14 stolen bases on the night, the most by any Division I team in almost two years since George Washington had 15 against Coppin State on April 18, 2017.
- The 14 steals also sets an ACC record which was previously held by NC State who had 12 steals against William & Mary on April 17, 1990.
- In total, seven players recorded a stolen base on the night with five tallying at least two.
- The Irish had a steal in every inning except the first with the most in an inning coming in the eighth when they swiped four bags.
- On the mound, Zack Martin and Andrew Belcik shutdown the Cougars and allowed the Irish to climb back after an early hole.
- Both Martin (4 IP) and Belcik (3 IP) had season-long outings and did not allow a run. Joe Boyle came on for the ninth to pick up his first career save.
- In total, the Irish used four pitchers against the Cougars and did not surrender a walk for the first time this season.
- It was the first time since April 1, 2017 that the Irish did not give up a walk through out the course of a game.
Irish Pitchers Among ACC’s Best
- After the first three weeks of ACC play, the Fighting Irish pitching staff boasts some of the best arms in the conference.
- Cameron Brown ranks second in ACC games for strikeouts (25) and innings pitched (21.2) through his first three conference starts.
- Brown is also one of four ACC pitchers to toss a complete game this season.
- In all games played, Brown ranks third overall in strikeouts (47) and fifth in innings pitched (35.2).
- Cameron Junker is right behind Brown in third for strikeouts (21) during ACC play and he ranks 10th in opposing batting average (.197).
- Tommy Sheehan ranks third in innings pitched (38.1) for the entire season and joins Brown as one of four ACC pitchers to toss a complete game.
- Over the past two series, the Irish starters have gone at least six innings in each game against No. 19 Florida State and at least seven innings each game against No. 12 Clemson.