NOTRE DAME, Ind. — It’s an early season top-10 matchup as No. 7/6 Notre Dame travels to Evanston, Illinois, to take on third-ranked Northwestern inside Ryan Fieldhouse. The contest will be streamed live on BTN+ and live stats are available at NUSports.com/sidearmstats.
NOTRE DAME vs. NORTHWESTERN
Date/Time: Friday, February 14 — 8 p.m. ET
Location: Ryan Fieldhouse — Evanston, Ill.
Live Stream: ACC Network Extra
Live Stats: Click Here
Twitter Updates: @NDWomensLax
Game Notes (PDF)
THE NORTHWESTERN SERIES
- The Irish and Wildcats will be meeting for the 26th time on Friday.
- Friday is a rematch of last season’s NCAA Tournament second round matchup, which was won by the Wildcats, 13-10.
- In that contest, Bridget Deehan posted a career-high 11 saves in 45 minutes in goal.
- Maddie Howe and Samantha Lynch led the Irish attack with three goals apiece.
LAST TIME OUT
- The Irish opened the 2020 campaign with an 18-3 home victory over Marquette last Sunday (Feb. 9).
- In her collegiate debut, freshman Madison Ahern paced the Irish with five points on three goals and two assists.
- Maddie Howe scored a game-high four goals, the first of which was her 100th career marker in an Irish uniform.
- In addition to Ahern, freshmen Kasey Choma and Jackie Wolak netted their first collegiate goals in the victory.
- Goaltender Bridget Deehan stopped eight of 11 shots to earn the victory in goal.
- As a team, the Irish caused 17 Marquette turnovers, including a game-high four by Makenna Pearsall.
IN THE POLLS
- Notre Dame jumped one spot to #6 in this week’s Inside Lacrosse Media Poll.
- The Irish are tabbed No. 7 in the Intercollegiate Women’s Lacrosse Coaches Association (IWLCA) Poll.
- The ACC leads all conferences with seven programs ranked in the IWLCA Top 25.
DEEHAN DIALED IN
- In 21 career appearances, junior goaltender Bridget Deehan owns a .562 save percentage and a 7.75 goals-against average.
- Both of these marks rank first in program history among goaltenders who have made at least 50 career saves.
- In the 2020 season opener, Deehan stopped eight of 11 shots for a .727 save percentage, which ranks second in the country after the opening weekend of play.
- In her last two appearances, Deehan has stopped 19 of 28 shots against for a .678 save percentage.