NOTRE DAME, Ind. — No. 4 Notre Dame travels to #12 Duke in its ACC regular season finale on Sunday, April 14th. Opening draw is set for noon ET at Koskinen Stadium and the contest will be streamed live on ACC Network Extra.
THE DUKE SERIES
- Sunday is the 18th meeting all-time between the Irish and Blue Devils with Duke holding an 11-6 advantage in the series.
- Notre Dame earned a 10-9 win at Arlotta Stadium the last time these two teams met on April 15, 2018.
- Savannah Buchanan netted the game-winning goal for the Irish with under a minute left in that contest.
- Maddie Howe added four goals for the Irish in the win.
- Entering the weekend, the Irish find themselves in the top five of a number of statistical categories.
- Notre Dame sits second in the country in both draw control percentage (66.5%), scoring defense (6.79) and margin of victory (9).
- Notre Dame leads the ACC with 12 caused turnovers per game and 20.36 ground balls per game.
- Goaltender Samantha Giacolone ranks second in the country and leads the ACC with a 7.19 goals-against average. Giacolone’s .532 save percentage also stands fourth in the nation.
- Andie Aldave ranks sixth in the nation and leads the ACC with an average of 8.36 draw controls per game.
- Maddie Howe also ranks fourth in the country with a free position percentage of 72.2%.
SIX IRISH ON TEWAARATON WATCH LIST
- Senior defenders Makenna Pearsall and Hannah Proctor were added to the watch list for the 2019 Tewaaraton Award, the foundation announced on Thursday, April 11.
- The duo joins sophomore midfielder Andie Aldave, junior midfielder Savannah Buchanan, senior goaltender Samantha Giacolone and sophomore attacker Maddie Howe on the watch list for the award, which honors the top women’s lacrosse player in the country.
- The top-25 finalists for the 2019 Tewaaraton Award, which honors the top women’s lacrosse player in the country, will be announced on Thursday, April 25.
- Five men’s and five women’s finalists will be announced on May 9 and invited to the 18th annual Tewaaraton Award Ceremony, which will be held in Washington, D.C., on May 30.
MIDSEASON ALL AMERICANS
- Sophomore midfielder Andie Aldave was named an Inside Lacrosse First Team Midseason All-American while senior goaltender Samantha Giacolone earned Second Team honors and sophomore attacker Maddie Howe earned Third Team accolades, it was announced Thursday (April 4).
- On Wednesday, April 10 vs. Butler, Samantha Giacolone earned her 45th career victory, the most by any goaltender in Irish history.
- On Sunday, March 24 at Syracuse, Giacolone passed Ellie Hilling to become the program’s all-time leader in saves. She currently has 566 stops in her career.
- Giacolone is also ranked second in Irish history in goals-against average (9.34) and minutes played (3,953).
- On Sunday, April 7 vs. Virginia Tech, sophomore Andie Aldave broke her own single-season program record for draw controls. She currently has 117 in 2019, and 215 for her career. She enters the contest second to Barbara Sullivan (261) for most career draw controls in program history.
- Notre Dame is ranked #4 in both the Intercollegiate Women’s Lacrosse Coaches Association (IWLCA) poll and the Inside Lacrosse/ Cascade Media poll.
- The Irish are also slotted sixth in the Nike Lacrosse/US Lacrosse poll.
- Notre Dame is 9th in the RPI.
- The Irish are one of seven ACC teams ranked in the IWLCA poll.