NOTRE DAME, Ind. — No. 4 Notre Dame hosts in-state Butler on Wednesday, April 10th at Arlotta Stadium in its penultimate home contest of the 2019 regular season. Opening draw is set for 7 p.m. ET and will be streamed live on ACC Network Extra.
THE BUTLER SERIES
- Wednesday marks the first-ever meeting between the Irish and Bulldogs.
- Entering play this week, the Irish find themselves in the top five of a number of statistical categories.
- Notre Dame sits third in the country in both draw control percentage (65.1%) and margin of victory (8.23).
- The Irish also fourth in save percentage (.535) and scoring defense (7.23).
- Notre Dame leads the ACC with 11.69 caused turnovers per game and 20.46 ground balls per game.
- Goaltender Samantha Giacolone ranks fourth in the country and leads the ACC with a 7.50 goals-against average. Giacolone’s .530 save percentage also stands sixth in the nation.
- Andie Aldave ranks seventh in the nation and second in the ACC with an average of 7.85 draw controls per game.
- Maddie Howe also ranks seventh in the country with a free position percentage of 70.6%.
MIDSEASON ALL AMERICANS
- Sophomore midfielder Andie Aldave was named an Inside Lacrosse First Team Midseason All-American while senior goaltender Samantha Giacolone earned Second Team honors and sophomore attacker Maddie Howe earned Third Team accolades, it was announced Thursday (April 4).
FOUR IRISH ON TEWAARATON WATCH LIST
- Senior goaltender Samantha Giacolone and sophomore attacker Maddie Howe were added to the watch list for the 2019 Tewaaraton Award, the foundation announced on Thursday, March 21.
- Sophomore midfielder Andie Aldave and junior midfielder Savannah Buchanan were named to the initial watch list for the award back on Thursday, February 28.
- On Sunday, April 7 vs. Virginia Tech, sophomore Andie Aldave broke her own single-season program record for draw controls. She currently has 102 in 2019, and 200 for her career. She enters the contest second to Barbara Sullivan (261) for most career draw controls in program history.
- On Sunday, March 24 at Syracuse, Samantha Giacolone passed Ellie Hilling to become the program’s all-time leader in saves. She currently has 565 stops in her career.
- Notre Dame is ranked #4 in both the Intercollegiate Women’s Lacrosse Coaches Association (IWLCA) poll and the Inside Lacrosse/ Cascade Media poll.
- The Irish are also slotted sixth in the Nike Lacrosse/US Lacrosse poll.
- Notre Dame is 9th in the RPI.
- The Irish are one of seven ACC teams ranked in the IWLCA poll.