March 22, 2005
TICKETS FOR THE BLUE-GOLD SPRING FOOTBALL FESTIVAL WILL GO ON SALE MONDAY, MARCH 28
The Notre Dame Blue-Gold Spring Football Festival on April 23, presented by Chick-fil-A, will provide your first glimpse of the 2005 Irish. Former Irish football greats Tim Brown, Joe Montana, Joe Theismann and Chris Zorich will serve as honorary game coaches.
Media partner for the Blue-Gold Festival is WDND South Bend’s ESPN Radio 1580 AM, which will broadcast the Blue-Gold game live on radio.
“The Chick-fil-A of Mishawaka Main Street is proud to partner with Notre Dame by sponsoring the Blue-Gold Game Spring Football Festival. We share Notre Dame’s passion for excellence of playing like a champion and are excited to share in this great community event,” said Kathy Wonderly,Owner/Operator of the Chick-fil-A of Mishawaka Main Street.
Supporting sponsors are Chili’s, Papa Vino’s and WMWB-TV (the local Warner Brothers affiliate – channel 25).
There are plenty of activities connected with the 76th annual Blue-Gold game (1:35 p.m. EST kickoff), including several opportunities to be up close and personal with Weis and his players:
* A special VIP ticket ($40 for adults, $25 for youths 18 and under) entitles fans to a full day of activities with the Irish, including joining the squad for its pre-game meal. A player will be seated at each table for the brunch to be held at 9:00 a.m. EST in the Joyce Center Fieldhouse (doors open at 8:30 a.m. – enter Gate 3 of north dome). All those attending the brunch also will have access to an autograph session with the current players only (no coaches) from 9:45-10:30 a.m. EST in the north dome – and there will be some limited public access to the autograph event as well (enter Gate 3). Then, VIP fans can sit in the gold chairback seats on the east side of the Stadium to enjoy their first look at the Irish under their new head coach. The VIP brunch is sponsored by South Bend Orthopaedic Associates.
* There will be approximately 150 seats available ($50 each) in the Notre Dame Stadium press box where fans can have the same view as media covering Irish football. Fans seated in the press box receive a game program, as well as the same press box lunch fare served to media (hot dogs, soup, popcorn, donuts, soft drinks). The press box is available any time after 11:30 a.m. EST. Kickoff is scheduled for 1:35 p.m. EST.
* A free-to-all interactive fan fest will take place from 10:00 a.m.-1:30 p.m. EST in the Joyce Center South parking lot.
* Former Notre Dame football players will take part in a flag football game from 11:30 a.m.-12:15 p.m. EST prior to the Blue-Gold contest. All former Irish football players will be invited back for the weekend.
* The Notre Dame Club of St. Joseph Valley will hold a silent auction of sports memorabilia on Saturday morning in the Joyce Center Fieldhouse, in conjunction with the VIP brunch.
Tickets for the game itself will go on sale beginning Monday, March 28. In advance, tickets are $10 for adults, $8 for youths (18 and under) and $7 for groups of 20 or more. There are a limited number of gold seats on the west side at $15 each. Beginning April 1 area Meijer stores are selling advance tickets for $8 (adults) and $7 (youths).
Tickets can be ordered by mail by writing Blue-Gold Tickets, Joyce Center, University of Notre Dame, Notre Dame, IN 46556. Checks can be made payable to University of Notre Dame, or use VISA, MasterCard or American Express – and there is a $7 service charge per mail or phone order. Telephone orders will be accepted at 574-631-7356.
On game day, tickets are $12 for adults, $8 for youths. Proceeds benefit the scholarship fund of the Notre Dame Club of St. Joseph Valley.