Oct. 2, 2008
Outside hitter Mallorie Croal is back for her senior season with the Irish, after her junior campaign was cut short by an injury. She’s seen action in 20 games for Notre Dame, notching 19 kills (0.95/game), nine digs, three blocks and three assists in 2008.
1. When you were younger, what were you always getting in trouble for?
Fighting with my little brother.
2. If a movie was made about your life, what would be the title?
Newsies Pt. 2 – favorite movie ever!
3. What is the greatest place your sport has taken you?
4. Do you have any nicknames?
5. What song do you love to listen to but are embarrassed to admit it?
The entire Mamma Mia soundtrack.
6. If you could be on any reality show, which would it be?
Definitely The Amazing Race! Being on that show is pretty much my life goal.
7. What’s the most notable thing about your hometown?
It is the smallest city in Orange County with only one gas station and one grocery store. Kevin Costner is also from there.
8. Where is your favorite place at Notre Dame?
The Grotto and the lakes.
9. What is your cell phone ring right now?
“Two Princes” by the Spindoctors
10. If you had your own energy drink, what would it be called?
11. When you were little, who was your favorite cartoon character?
Simba, from The Lion King, and Goofy
12. What is your favorite class or professor so far at Notre Dame, and why?
Innovation and Design was my favorite class because it was unlike any other class I have ever taken. It was extremely hands on and taught me so much about thinking outside the box.
13. If you were stranded on an island, what three things would you want to have with you?
My cell phone, my iPod, and plenty of sunscreen.
14. What is the hardest thing about being a student-athlete?
Missing most of the home football games.
15. Do you read horoscopes? If you do, do you believe in them? If not, why not?
I think they are ridiculous, but I will admit that I look at mine every once in a while.
16. If you could have dinner with anyone, dead or alive, who would it be and why?
Probably just my family because I don’t get to see them enough.
17. What is the coolest thing you had in your bedroom growing up?
The trundle bed I shared with my sister. I thought it was so cool that I could hide my bed under my sister’s.
18. Describe your perfect day- who would you spend it with, what would you do, where would you be?
My perfect day would be spent at Bass Lake, a small lake near Yosemite, California. It is my favorite place in the world, and I would spend the day reading and playing cards on the dock, water skiing, fishing, and jet skiing.
19. Do you have any pre-game rituals/superstitions?
Nothing too special, just getting pumped up in the locker room with my teammates by listening to music.
20. What does being part of the Fighting Irish mean to you?
Being a part of the Fighting Irish means being a part of strong tradition of hard work and dedication. More than just winning and losing, it means being a part of a family full of love and support, giving back to the community, and having pride in everything you do.