March 11, 2008
1. Use 5 words to describe yourself.
Hardworking, dedicated, passionate, goal-setter, and workaholic.
2. Describe your perfect day – who would you spend it with, what would you do, and where would you be?
It would include a round of golf in the morning with some friends, then an evening at home hanging out with my family.
3. What is your pre-meet routine?
I don’t really have a specific routine. Our Irish team cheer is one routine that the whole team has before every meet.
4. Other than the Irish, what is your favorite sports team?
The Pittsburgh Penguins.
5. What do you miss the most about being at home?
A nice couch and a good home-cooked meal.
6. Who is the most famous person you have ever met?
7. If your life was to be turned into a movie, what genre would it be; what would the title be; what actor would you have star in it?
It would be a comedy called “All About Lytle” and it would star Will Ferrell.
8. If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go?
I’d go to the Bahamas.
9. What is the most embarrassing thing that ever happened to you?
I spilled my tray a few weeks ago in the dining hall and drinks and food were everywhere.
10. What is the best advice you have ever received and who was it from?
“Dream big and don’t ever give up.” That was from Tom Ridge, former Pennsylvania governor.
11. What is the last song you listened to?
“Where the streets have no name” by U2.
12. If you had a choice to travel either forward or backward in time, which would you choose and why?
I’d probably travel forward to be able to see what the world will be like and what new technology will be around in the future.
13. Where is your favorite place at Notre Dame?
On God Quad in front of the Dome because it’s such a central location with views of the Main Building and the Basilica.
14. What is your major and why did you choose it?
Business Finance. I ended up in business after switching out of engineering.
15. What is the first thing you think about when you wake up?
Having to walk across campus in the cold to get to practice.
16. Do you have any siblings?
I have an older brother Brian and an older sister Megan.
17. What is your favorite class or professor so far at Notre Dame, and why?
My favorite class has been finance with Professor Carl Ackerman because he is personable and makes class fun.
18. If you could eat only one thing for the rest of your life, what would you eat?
Chocolate ice cream.
19. Who was your role model as a child? Why? Has your role model changed now that you are older?
My brother and my dad have been my role models. When I was younger I wanted to be just like my brother and as I got older I wanted to be just like my dad.
20. How has being a student and athlete at Notre Dame influenced your life?
It’s really taught me how to work hard and manage time well so that I can get everything done between classes and practices.