Feb. 17, 2009
Senior Duncan Swezey is in his fourth season with the Irish men’s lacrosse team. The Ambler, Pa. native has played in 42 career games, with 17 starts. In addition, he has 64 points, with 34 goals and 28 assists. His play as an attackman has had a major impact on the Irish throughout his first three seasons on the squad.
1. What television show do you never miss?
2. Do you have any nicknames?
3. If you could have dinner with anyone, dead or alive, who would it be and why?
Matt Karweck – former Irish Lacrosse team member. I would want to know how he became such a sweet dude.
4. What is your most embarrassing moment on the field?
During the Penn State game my junior year, I was dodging on a defender and he almost checked my helmet completely off my head.
5. If you could eat only one thing for the rest of your life, what would you eat?
Shrimp Tempura Roll
6. What do you miss the most about being at home?
Always having my parents around
7. Describe your perfect day- who would you spend it with, what would you do, where would you be?
I would wake up in a nice hotel bed in Boston, eat a nice breakfast meal that gives me lots of energy, listen to my pre-game music and get ready for the national championship game we would be playing in a few hours, which of course we would win to make it the perfect day.
8. If you were stranded on an island, what three things would you want to have with you?
Hunting Knife – just like you see in the movies, you always need it for something; Bow and Arrows so I could hunt for food; and John Locke (from the television show Lost) because he seems to know everything about surviving on a stranded island.
9. What would be your dream job?
Traveling the world while my money makes money for itself.
10. If you could trade places with your coach for a day, what would you do?
Cancel practice for the day
11. What is your cell phone ring right now?
“Son’s Gonna Rise” by Citizen Cope
12. If you had your own energy drink, what would it be called?
13. Which has been the biggest game of your career?
Ohio State my sophomore year. It was my first break out game with 2 goals and 3 assists
14. If a movie was made about your life, what would the title be, who would play you, and what genre would it be?
I would call it “Monogram Blues”, Matthew McConaughey would play me, and it would be a funny sports drama like Varsity Blues – but lacrosse style.
15. What is your favorite memory with your Irish teammates?
Locker room break dance-offs – even though I win every time because everyone is scared to take me on
16. Do you have any pre-game rituals/superstitions?
I listen to my iPod and do a passing drill with Ryan Hoff
17. What song do you love to listen to but are embarrassed to admit it?
“Push It To the Limit” by Corbin Bleu. I don’t know if I am that embarrassed about it though.
18. Other than the Irish, what is your favorite sports team?
19. What television show would you like to make a cameo on?
Lost, of course. I would be one of the cast members that no one knows about and is all of the sudden on the show.
20. What does being part of the Fighting Irish mean to you?
It means a lot to me knowing that I am a part of such great tradition and to have made a new family with my lacrosse brothers.