NOTRE DAME, Ind. — The second-ranked Irish hit the road for a non-conference matchup against Vanderbilt on Wednesday, March 11. Opening draw is set for 2 p.m. ET at the Vanderbilt Soccer/Lacrosse Complex in Nashville.
#2 NOTRE DAME at VANDERBILT
Date/Time: Wednesday, March 11 — 2 p.m. ET
Location: Vanderbilt Soccer/Lacrosse Complex — Nashville, Tenn.
Live Stream: YouTube
Live Stats: Click Here
Twitter Updates: @NDWomensLax
Game Notes (PDF)
HISTORY AGAINST VANDERBILT
- The Irish and Commodores will be meeting for the 20th time on Wednesday in Nashville.
- Vanderbilt holds an 11-8 advantage in the all-time series. •Notre Dame has won its last three meetings with Vanderbilt dating back to April 18, 2012.
- The two sides met last season on March 20, 2019, when the Irish picked up an 18-6 victory inside Loftus Sports Center.
- Andie Aldave led the Irish with five goals in that victory.
IN THE POLLS
- For the fourth straight week, Notre Dame is ranked second in both the IWLCA Poll and the Inside Lacrosse Media Poll.
- The #2 ranking matches the 2004 squad for the highest ranking in program history.
- The ACC leads all conferences with seven programs ranked in the IWLCA Top 25.
- Three ACC programs sit in the top 10 of the IWLCA poll, including North Carolina (#1), Notre Dame (#2) and Syracuse (#4).
- Entering play this week, the Irish find themselves among the national leaders in a number of team and individual statistical categories.
- As a team, Notre Dame leads the country in clearing percentage (.943) and save percentage (.554).
- The Irish also rank fourth in scoring margin (9.33) and sixth in scoring defense (7.50).
- Bridget Deehan stands fourth in the country with a save percentage of .552 and 10th with a goals-against average of 8.21.
DEEHAN DIALED IN
- In 26 career appearances, junior goaltender Bridget Deehan owns a .550 save percentage and an 8.28 goals-against average.
- Both of these marks rank first in program history among goaltenders who have made at least 100 career saves.
- In Notre Dame’s 17-15 road win over No. 3 Northwestern, Deehan made a career-high 12 saves and added four ground balls while anchoring the Irish defense.
- Deehan’s efforts at Northwestern earned her ACC Defensive Player of the Week honors.
- Deehan then matched her career-high with 12 saves in Notre Dame’s 13-9 victory over #22 Duke. She also added four ground balls and one caused turnover in the win.
- Freshman attacker Madison Ahern and freshman midfielder Kasey Choma have made an immediate impact in their Irish careers.
- Choma has scored multiple goals in five of her first six games, including a six-goal effort on February 23 vs. Ohio State.
- Choma has scored a team-high 18 goals in six games.
- Ahern has started her college career with six straight multi-point efforts, including a team-high five points (3G, 2A) in Notre Dame’s 17-15 road win at #3 Northwestern on February 16.
- Ahern’s efforts through six games have her leading the Irish with 23 points (14G, 9A).
- Ahern’s nine assists are also a team-high.