No. 10 Notre Dame returns to Arlotta Stadium for its third consecutive game against a ranked foe, as it faces No. 16/17 Denver at noon ET on Saturday, March 7. The game will be broadcast live on ACCN (subscription required).
Location: Notre Dame, Indiana | Arlotta Stadium
Schedule: March 7 — Noon ET
Live Stream: ACCN
Live Stats: UND.com
Twitter Updates: @NDlacrosse
For a more in-depth look at Saturday’s matchup – Game Notes: Notre Dame
THE DENVER SERIES
• Saturday will be the 27th meeting between Notre Dame and Denver. The Irish lead the all-time series 16-10.
• The two sides met on a neutral field last season, as Notre Dame claimed a 10-7 victory in the Pacific Coast Shootout in Costa Mesa, California.
• Five of the last 11 meetings have gone into at least one overtime session.
• Seven of the last 12 installments in the series have been decided by one goal.
CORRIGAN REACHES HISTORIC MILESTONE
• Baumer Family Head Men’s Lacrosse Coach Kevin Corrigan became just the third coach in NCAA Division I men’s lacrosse history to reach the 300-win mark at a single school with the win over Marquette on April 10, 2019.
• Corrigan is one of just four active Division I coaches to reach the 300-win mark in his career.
• Corrigan has an overall record of 315-162 in his 34 seasons of coaching.
• The head coach is 305-147 in his 32 seasons at Notre Dame.
• Corrigan is the longest tenured men’s lacrosse coach at the DI level.
COSTABILE CLOSING IN ON HISTORY
• Senior Bryan Costabile is coming off the most prolific goal-scoring season by an Irish midfielder in program history, setting a record with 42 goals.
• Costabile was named the 2019 ACC Offensive Player of the Year and was a unanimous first team All-America selection.
• The midfielder has 95 career goals, ranking tied for 10th in program history.
• Costabile is set to become just the ninth Notre Dame player to reach the 100-career goal mark and is 18 goals shy of becoming the program record-holder for career goals by a midfielder. The mark is currently held by Irish great Sergio Perkovic (110 goals).
• The senior currently has 112 career points, and is just three shy of breaking into the top 20 of Notre Dame’s career points list.
• Costabile has been selected as a unanimous preseason first team All-American heading into the 2020 campaign and is on the Tewaaraton Watch List.
TOUGHEST SCHEDULE IN THE COUNTRY???
• Notre Dame has never shied away from putting together a challenging schedule and the 2020 slate is no different.
• Of Notre Dame’s 12 regular-season opponents, nine are currently ranked in either the USILA or Inside Lacrosse Top 20 Polls.
• The Irish ace scheduled to face four opponents currently ranked in the top eight.
• The Irish have started two freshmen through three games of the 2020 season, as Pat Kavanagh has been a mainstay in attack and Liam Entenmann has been steady between the pipes.
• Kavanagh leads the Irish in points (14), goals (8) and assists (6) through three games.
• Entenmann has been equally impressive, recording 32 saves through three games, while allowing 26 goals.
• Entenmann has saved 60.4 percent of shots, ranking first in the ACC and seventh in the nation.
• Despite Costabile drawing most of the attention from a national perspective, the Irish have goal scorers all over the field.
• At least seven players have scored in each of Notre Dame’s three games in 2020.
• All six of Notre Dame’s starters in the attack and midfield scored goals in the first half in the season-opening win over Cleveland State.
• The Irish had 10 players combine to score 17 goals in the win over Cleveland State.
• Seven different players found the back of the net in the win over #18/17 Richmond.
• Eight players combined to score nine goals against No. 7/7 Maryland.