NOTRE DAME, Ind. — No. 45 Notre Dame Women’s Tennis earned a 4-3 ACC victory over No. 43 Louisville behind freshman Yashna Yellayi’s late heroics in singles play. The Irish move to 10-11 overall and 4-8 in conference play.
After winning the doubles point behind victories from Ally Bojczuk/Julia Lilien and Julia Andreach/Yashna Yellayi, the Irish secured singles wins from Cameron Corse and Julia Lilien.
With the match knotted at three apiece, freshman Yellayi secured the first-set victory, 6-4. After dropping the second set, 3-6, Yellayi rallied to clinch the third set and the match victory for the Irish.
Notre Dame WTEN 4, Louisville 3
- Cameron Corse (ND) def. Nikolina Jovic (LOU) 6-2, 6-2
- Andrea DiPalma (LOU) def. Page Freeman (ND) 7-6, 6-2
- Raven Neely (LOU) def. Ally Bojczuk (ND) 6-2, 6-3
- Julia Lilien (ND) def. Chelsea Sawyer (LOU) 6-0, 6-3
- Rhea Verma (LOU) def. Julia Andreach (ND) 6-2, 6-3
- Yashna Yellayi (ND) def. Dina Chaika (LOU) 6-4, 3-6, 6-3
- Page Freeman/Cameron Corse (ND) vs. Andrea DiPalma/Rhea Verma (LOU) 5-3, unfinished
- Ally Bojczuk/Julia Lilien (ND) def. Raven Neely/Tatiana Simova (LOU) 6-3
- Julia Andreach/Yashna Yellayi (ND) def. Dina Chaika/Chelsea Sawyer (LOU) 6-2
The Irish continue their homestand with the penultimate match of the year when they host Clemson on Friday, April 9, at 3 p.m. ET
Current Notre Dame students with valid student ID are permitted to attend outdoor tennis matches this season. Mask usage and social distancing are required. While all other fans are unable to attend matches at the Eck Tennis Pavilion due to health and safety protocol, live stats are available at UND.com/mediastats and live streaming is available at UND.com/tennisstream.