NOTRE DAME, Indiana — The University of Notre Dame women’s soccer team is holding a food drive on campus this upcoming Sunday, September 6. All the proceeds will go towards the Food Bank of Northern Indiana.
From 2 p.m. to 4 p.m., the team will be set up in the parking lot south of Alumni Stadium. There will be a drive-thru where cars will enter in the lot. Cars will stop at the tables and unload their donations onto the table where the team will collect and place them in the food bank bins once the cars have exited. We ask that people who come to wear a mask and practice physical distancing when dropping off the donations.
In the event of rain, the drive thru will be set up at Gate 8 of the Joyce Center, which is to the west of Alumni Stadium.
Below is a list of items the food bank is looking for as donations:
- Canned Meat and Fish (Tuna, Chicken, Pork, Ham, Spam)
- Peanut Butter
- Grape Jelly
- Low Sodium Canned Vegetables including Whole Kernel Corn, Green Beans, Mixed Vegetables, Diced Tomatoes
- Low Sugar/Light Syrup Canned Fruit including Apple Sauce, Fruit Cocktail, Peaches, Pears
- Canned Soups, Stews, Chili and Chowders
- Boxed Meals – Macaroni and Cheese, Lasagna, Cheeseburger and Tuna Helpers
- Shelf Stable Low Fat and Powdered Milk
- Canned Beans – Red, Kidney, Black, Northern
- Boxed Breakfast Cereals
- Healthy Snacks including Microwavable Popcorn, Granola Bars, Peanuts, Pretzels, Low Fat Pudding Packs
- Starches including Rice, Spaghetti, Macaroni, Egg Noodles
- Baking Products including Cooking Oil, Sugar, Flour, Salt
- Condiments including Ketchup, Mustard, Vinegar