NOTRE DAME, Ind. — No. 20/22 Notre Dame takes its 3-0 record on the road to Ohio State for a 3 p.m. ET matchup against the Buckeyes on Friday, February 22. The contest will be streamed live online via Big Ten Network+. Live stats will be available at ohiostatebuckeyes.com/womens-lacrosse-live-stats.
NOTRE DAME at OHIO STATE
Date/Time: Friday, February 22 – 3 p.m.
Location: Columbus Ohio — Woody Hayes Athletic Center
Live Stream: Big Ten Network+ (subscription required)
Live Stats: Click Here
Twitter Updates: @NDWomensLax
THE SERIES vs. OHIO STATE
- Friday’s contest marks the 24th matchup between the Irish and Buckeyes all-time, with Notre Dame holding a 15-8 advantage in the series.
- Notre Dame has won seven of 10 games on the road against Ohio State.
- The last meeting between the two sides came on March 7, 2017, when the Irish topped the Buckeyes 16-13 to extend their winning streak to eight games.
- Nikki Ortega and Savannah Buchanan each scored three goals and added in assist in the win.
- Samantha Giacolone recorded five saves to earn the victory in goal.
- The Irish have outscored their opponents 54-18 and have recorded 85 points in their first three wins.
- Samantha Lynch has a team-high 15 goals and 16 points in three games. Jessi Masinko follows her with 15 points (6G, 9A). Andie Aldave and Maddie Howe each have 10 points (7G, 3A).
- 15 different players have recorded a point and 12 different players have scored for the Irish already this season.
- Notre Dame has caused 52 turnovers in three games, with Makenna Pearsall totaling a team-high nine.
- Andie Aldave leads the Irish with 20 draw controls and Savannah Buchanan is right behind her with 19.
- Samantha Giacolone has recorded 14 saves while earning three victories and a .519 save percentage in goal for the Irish.
- The Irish have scored the first goal in all three of their games this season and have yet to trail at any point.
- Seniors Jenn Casadonte and Hannah Proctor and junior Savannah Buchanan are captaining the Notre Dame women’s lacrosse team in 2019.
- Notre Dame is No. 20 Inside Lacrosse/Cascade Media poll and #22 in the Intercollegiate Women’s Lacrosse Coaches Association (IWLCA) poll.
- The Nike Lacrosse/US Lacrosse poll also slots the Irish at #14.
- The Irish are one of seven ACC teams ranked in the IWLCA poll.
- Senior defender Hannah Proctor was named a Preseason Honorable Mention All-American by Inside Lacrosse ahead of the 2019 campaign.
- Junior midfielder Savannah Buchanan and sophomore attacker Maddie Howe were each named to the 2019 Preseason All-ACC Team, the conference announced on Wednesday, February 6th.
- Senior goalkeeper Samantha Giacolone enters the contest ranked second in Irish history in goals-against average (9.60) and minutes played (3,383). Giacolone also ranks third in program history with 36 wins and 481 saves.
- Junior midfielder Savannah Buchanan enters play on Friday sixth in Irish history with 131 career draw controls.
- In 2018, midfielder Andie Aldave set a single-season Irish record with 98 draw controls while midfielder Savannah Buchanan’s 67 draw controls were tied for the third most in a single season.
- Last season, Aldave and Howe became the first freshman duo in Irish history to each score 30+ goals.