MESA, Ariz. — On the second day of the Clover Cup at Longbow Golf Club, the Notre Dame women’s golf team posted a score of 306 to log a sixth-place standing (303-306=609) following 36 holes behind the performance of senior Emma Albrecht, who paced the Fighting Irish tied for third place.
The senior Albrecht eagled the 18th hole to end her round in style. After a strong drive she stuck a hybrid approach to within 10 feet, and then sunk the putt to conclude the second round. Albrecht had two birdies in the round, including the ninth and 15th holes, to card a 74 (+2). Albrecht’s two-day total of 146 (72-74, +2) left her only five shots from the top of the leaderboard ahead of Sunday’s third and final round.
Senior Isabella DiLisio finished just behind her classmate Albrecht, tied for ninth place in the field after a 73 (+1) on day two. DiLisio eagled No. 15 after a string of three pars, before birdieing No. 18 to finish come in with a 1-under 35 and a two-day total of 148 (75-73, +4).
The Clover Cup concludes with Sunday’s final round that will begin with an 8 a.m. PT shotgun start. Live stats will be available on BirdieFire.com.
6. Notre Dame (303-306=609, +33)
T3. Emma Albrecht (72-74=146, +2)
T9. Isabella DiLisio (75-73=148, +4)
T49. Mia Ayer (77-80=157, +13)
T54. Abby Heck (79-79=158, +14)
T88. Claire Albrecht (87-91=178, +34)
2019 Clover Cup Round Three
Dates: March 17, 2019
Format/Tee Times: Sunday’s final round is set to feature an 8 a.m. shotgun start.
Location: Mesa, Arizona
Course (Par/Yardage): Longbow Golf Club; Par 72; 6,184 yards
The Field (15): Notre Dame (host), Cincinnati, FIU, Houston, IUPUI, Kansas State, Kentucky, Mercer, Mississippi State, Nebraska, Oklahoma, UNCG, USC, Western Carolina and Wisconsin.
Notre Dame Lineup: Emma Albrecht (1), Claire Albrecht (2), Abby Heck (3), Mia Ayer (4) and Isabella DiLisio (5).
Live Scoring: birdiefire.com
Clover Cup Notes
• Notre Dame has hosted the Clover Cup in each of the last seven seasons dating back to 2012.
• The Irish posted a team runner-up finish in the tournament on two occasions (score of 889, 2014; score of 896, 2015) for their best finishes at the event.
• Kristina Nhim owns the best Notre Dame individual result in tournament history, taking home medalist honors by besting 85 other players at the 2014 Clover Cup with a three-round score of 213 (68-72-73=213, -3).
Career Best Rounds (most recent occurrence listed)
• Emma Albrecht: 67 (third round of the 2018 NCAA Madison Regional at the University Ridge Golf Course)
• Isabella DiLisio: 67 (second round of the 2017 Schooner Fall Classic at the Belmar Golf Club)
• Maddie Rose Hamilton: 65 (second round of the 2017 Schooner Fall Classic at the Belmar Golf Club)
• Mia Ayer: 71 (third round of the 2018 Schooner Fall Classic at the Belmar Golf Club)
• Abby Heck: 68 (first round of the 2019 Moon Golf Invitational)
• Claire Albrecht: 72 (third round of the 2018 Minnesota Invitational at the Prestwick Golf Club)
— ND —