MESA, Ariz. — On the final day of the 2019 Clover Cup at Longbow Golf Club, the Notre Dame women’s golf team shot its lowest score of the weekend, a 9-over-par 297, to finish the tournament in sixth place (303-306-297=906, +42).
Senior Isabella DiLisio made the biggest move for Notre Dame on the Sunday, rolling in five birdies on the way to a 1-over-par score of 73 to tie for seventh place at 221 (75-73-73, +5). DiLisio birdied the par-5 first, par-4 eighth, par-5 ninth, par-3 16th and par-5 18th holes to claim her first top-10 result of the 2018-19 season (seventh career). She led all players in par-5 scoring average for the tournament (4.25, -9), and her five birdies on Sunday were tied for the second most among all players in the field. DiLisio’s 12 overall birdies for the tournament were just one off the event lead.
Senior Emma Albrecht tied for 11th following a 5-over-par 77, finishing the weekend at 7-over (72-74-77=223). Albrecht made a pair of birdies in her final round Sunday and finished as the tournament leader with a pair of eagles, ranking second behind classmate DiLisio in scoring on the par 5s (4.33, -8) for the tournament.
Junior Mia Ayer fashioned her best score of the weekend with a final round 73 (+1) to tie for 35th place at 230 (77-80-73). Ayer registered three birdies during her Sunday 18 to tie the best Notre Dame score of the day. Sophomore Abby Heck chipped in a 2-over-par 74 to tie for 45th place (79-79-74=232, +16), while freshman Claire Albrecht wrapped up play in 89th place with an 83 (87-91-83-261).
6. Notre Dame (303-306-297=906, +42)
T7. Isabella DiLisio (75-73-73=221, +5)
T11. Emma Albrecht (72-74-77=223, +7)
T35. Mia Ayer (77-80-73=230, +14)
T45. Abby Heck (79-79-74=232, +16)
89. Claire Albrecht (87-91-83=261, +45)
The Fighting Irish will return on April 8-9 at the 2019 Brickyard Collegiate in Macon Georgia. It will mark the last regular-season tournament of the season for the Irish, with the ACC Championship (April 18-20) to follow the Brickyard Collegiate.
Clover Cup Notes
• Notre Dame has hosted the Clover Cup in each of the last seven seasons dating back to 2012.
• The Irish posted a team runner-up finish in the tournament on two occasions (score of 889, 2014; score of 896, 2015) for their best finishes at the event.
• Kristina Nhim owns the best Notre Dame individual result in tournament history, taking home medalist honors by besting 85 other players at the 2014 Clover Cup with a three-round score of 213 (68-72-73=213, -3).
Career Best Rounds (most recent occurrence listed)
• Emma Albrecht: 67 (third round of the 2018 NCAA Madison Regional at the University Ridge Golf Course)
• Isabella DiLisio: 67 (second round of the 2017 Schooner Fall Classic at the Belmar Golf Club)
• Maddie Rose Hamilton: 65 (second round of the 2017 Schooner Fall Classic at the Belmar Golf Club)
• Mia Ayer: 71 (third round of the 2018 Schooner Fall Classic at the Belmar Golf Club)
• Abby Heck: 68 (first round of the 2019 Moon Golf Invitational)
• Claire Albrecht: 72 (third round of the 2018 Minnesota Invitational at the Prestwick Golf Club)
— ND —