GREENSBORO, N.C. — Fighting Irish senior Emma Albrecht (72-74=146) and junior Abby Heck (76-71=147) lead the Notre Dame lineup after the 36-hole opening day at the 31st annual ACC Women’s Golf Championship. Albrecht is tied for 13th, while Heck is tied for 18th.
The Fighting Irish (303-307=610) are in 11th place with one round remaining at the Sedgefield Country Club (par-72/ 6,089 yards). With inclement weather expected Friday, the teams played the first and second rounds on Thursday and will play the third and final round on Saturday.
Albrecht shot an even-par 72 in the morning, bouncing back from a bogey-double bogey start to play her remaining 16 holes at a three-under par clip. In the afternoon, she had a pair of birdies, 12 pars and four bogeys for a 74.
Heck ground out an opening round 76 that included five birdies and then came back in the afternoon with a one-under par 71 for Notre Dame’s best round of the day. Her second round included another four birdies to go along with 11 pars and three bogeys. Her nine birdies on the day are tied for the second most in the 60-player field.
Isabella DiLisio put together a three-over par 75 to start, marking Notre Dame’s second-best round of the morning. Mia Ayer (80-79) also saw both of her rounds count for the Irish.
Wake Forest leads the field (280-287=567), followed by Florida State (292-285=577) and Virginia (286-294=580). On the individual side, Emilia Migliaccio of Wake Forest has a three shot lead heading into Saturday’s final round.
Playing with N.C. State and Clemson, Notre Dame’s final round tee times will start at 8:30 a.m. on the 10th hole.
|T13||Emma Albrecht (1)||72||74||146|
|T18||Abby Heck (2)||76||71||147|
|54||Isabella DiLisio (5)||75||83||158|
|T55||Mia Ayer (3)||80||79||159|
|60||Claire Albrecht (4)||84||88||172|
2019 ACC Championship — Final Round
Dates: April 20, 2019
Format: 18 holes
Tee Times (split tees off No. 1 and No. 10): 8:30 a.m. ET Saturday, April 18
Location: Greensboro, North Carolina
Course (Par/Yardage): Sedgefield Country Club – Championship Course (par-72/ 6,089 yards)
TV Coverage: ACC Network Extra | 1:30 p.m. ET | Roy Philpott – Play-by-Play | Donna Andrews – Analyst
Tournament Field (in order of seeding/Golfstat ranking): Duke (3), Wake Forest (8), Florida State (12), Virginia (17), Miami (19), Clemson (28), North Carolina (31), Louisville (42), NC State (47), Virginia Tech (48), Notre Dame (79), Boston College (138).
Notre Dame Lineup: Emma Albrecht (1), Abby Heck (2), Mia Ayer (3), Claire Albrecht (4), Isabella DiLisio (5).
Live Scoring: Golfstat.com
- Following a 10th-place showing for Notre Dame last season at the Grandover Resort & Conference Center East Course, also located in Greensboro, the ACC Championship returned to the Sedgefield Country Club for the ninth time in the past 11 years.
- This weekend’s tournament marks Notre Dame’s sixth ACC Championship appearance since joining the conference in 2014 and the fourth Irish start at Sedgefield Country Club.
- Notre Dame tied for fifth at the 2014 ACC tournament (306-303-296=905) and placed sixth at the 2015 conference tournament (287-295-294=876) during the first two Irish ACC appearances at the venue.
Career Best Rounds (most recent occurrence listed)
- Emma Albrecht: 67 (third round of the 2018 NCAA Madison Regional at the University Ridge Golf Course)
- Isabella DiLisio: 67 (second round of the 2017 Schooner Fall Classic at the Belmar Golf Club)
- Maddie Rose Hamilton: 65 (second round of the 2017 Schooner Fall Classic at the Belmar Golf Club)
- Mia Ayer: 71 (third round of the 2018 Schooner Fall Classic at the Belmar Golf Club)
- Abby Heck: 68 (first round of the 2019 Moon Golf Invitational)
- Claire Albrecht: 72 (third round of the 2018 Minnesota Invitational at the Prestwick Golf Club)
— ND —