NOTRE DAME, Ind. — Notre Dame women’s golf head coach Susan Holt has announced the addition of Jessica Meyers to next season’s incoming class.
Meyers rounds out a strong set of future Irish players, as she is set to join Lauren Beaudreau and Madelyn Jones to comprise the freshman class for the 2019-20 season.
Meyers, who hails from Wexford, Pennsylvania, attends Oakland Catholic High School in Pittsburgh.
“We’re excited to announce the addition of Jessica to our 2019 class,” Holt said. “With competitive success at the local, state and national levels, she will add depth to an already talented class. She has a strong desire to improve and I’m confident she will contribute to our team’s success moving forward. She is a great fit for Notre Dame both academically and athletically.”
Jessica Meyers | Wexford, Pa. | Oakland Catholic (Pittsburgh)
- Carries a 4.5 grade point average and has been named to Highest Honor Roll for six consecutive semesters.
- A member of the National Honor Society.
- Ranked fifth on the Junior Golf Scoreboard in the state of Pennsylvania.
- Member of Team USA at the 2018 IJGT USA Team North America Cup in Hilton Head, South Carolina.
- Won the WPIAL Section 3 Qualifier in 2017 and tied for first in 2018.
- Placed in the top five in the PIAA State Championship in 2018, a year after placing seventh.
- Posted a third-place finish at 2018 IJGT Bridgestone Golf Tournament of Champions at Grand Cypress in Orlando, Florida.
- Finished ninth in the 2018 AJGA Lockton Kansas City Tournament.
- Placed seventh in the 2018 ProQuip Girls Classic at NC State University.
- Made the Final Four in the inaugural Girls 2018 C.R. Miller WPGA Match Play Invitational at Rolling Rock Country Club.
- Had a seventh-place showing in the 2017 PGA Girls Championship at Hershey Country Club.
- Earned Player of the Year honors in all four seasons at Oakland Catholic High School and became the first golfer in school history to compete in the state championship.
- Was the 2017 and 2018 Women’s Club Champion at Oakmont Country Club.
— ND —