NOTRE DAME, Ind. – The 2018-19 Notre Dame women’s basketball schedule continued to take shape on Thursday when bd Global announced the pairings for the Vancouver Showcase, beginning on Thanksgiving Day.
The reigning 2018 national champions will open the showcase against the two-time defending West Coast Conference champion Gonzaga on Thursday, Nov. 22 at 3 pm. ET at the Vancouver Convention Centre.
The tournament features six teams that competed in this past season’s NCAA Tournament, including three teams that reached the Elite Eight in Notre Dame, South Carolina and Oregon State. The Irish are ranked No. 1 in ESPN’s early top-25 for 2018-19, with the Beavers checking in at No. 12, followed by the Gamecocks at No. 15.
In addition, Gonzaga, Western Kentucky and Drake all won their respective conference tournaments.
The pairings for the women’s tournament are as follows (all times listed in Eastern Time)
- Notre Dame vs. Gonzaga – 3 p.m.
- Drake vs. Rutgers – 5:30 p.m.
- South Carolina vs. ETSU – 9 p.m.
- Oregon State vs. Western Kentucky – 11:30 p.m.
Friday’s semifinals will tip-off starting at 9 p.m., followed by an 11:30 p.m start. Saturday’s evening session featuring the championship/third place games commence at 8 p.m.
Tickets for the women’s showcase are on-sale now at TicketsTonight.ca. Fans can also order by phone at 877-840-0457. Full tournament and hotel info can be found at VanShowcase.com.
- Two sessions each day with tickets good for both games of a given session
- Women’s semifinals will be played on Friday, Nov. 23 (Session 4)
- Women’s third-place and championship will be played on Saturday, Nov. 24 (Session 6)
- Ticket prices range from $32 CAD to $162 CAD for courtside seats with all-session packages ranging from $110-$616 CAD
— ND —