Dec. 18, 2007
NOTRE DAME, Ind. – The 17th-ranked Notre Dame women’s basketball team ranks among the top 10 in the country in assists this season. Now, they’re lending a hand off the court, with the first annual Fighting Irish Women’s Basketball “Dish for the Holidays” food drive, to benefit the Food Bank of Northern Indiana.
Head coach Muffet McGraw, along with Notre Dame women’s basketball players, coaches and staff, will be collecting non-perishable food items this Thursday, Dec. 20, from 7:30-9:30 a.m. (ET) in designated faculty/staff parking lots and security gates on the Notre Dame campus. A Notre Dame women’s basketball team representative will be stationed at the following locations to collect donated food items:
- Lot C1 (Leahy Drive and Holy Cross Drive — near entrance to Frank Eck Stadium) ** Enter off of Edison Road; best access point for donations by general public. **
- Main Gate (Notre Dame Avenue and Holy Cross Drive — near entrance to Hammes Bookstore/Eck Center)
- East Gate (Holy Cross Drive and Old Juniper Road — near entrance to Hammes Mowbray Hall (security building/post office))
- A17 Lot (located just west of Stepan Center)
- B1 Lot (located directly south of Notre Dame Stadium)
- B2/Library Lots (located on Leahy Drive, just northwest of Guglielmino Athletics Complex)
- B (East and West) Lot (located just north of DeBartolo Performing Arts Center)
- Dorr Rd. (right turn off Indiana 933/US 31 at WNDU-TV studios, north of Notre Dame 9-Hole Golf Course)
Donations may also be dropped off on Thursday at Gates 1, 8 and 10 of the Joyce Center.
Everyone can make a difference this holiday season. Join the Fighting Irish women’s basketball team and make an assist to help those less fortunate throughout Northern Indiana.
— ND —