Oct. 9, 2015
NOTRE DAME, Ind. – After a heartbreaking loss at home to Syracuse last Sunday, the University of Notre Dame volleyball team hits the road for Atlantic Coast Conference play for the first time in 2015 this weekend with stops at Clemson and Georgia Tech.
ACC Weekend #3 (Clemson / Georgia Tech)
Clemson, S.C. (Jervey Gym)
Atlanta, Ga. (O’Keefe Gym)
Oct. 9/11, 2015
Sunday, Oct. 11
1 p.m.: Notre Dame @ Georgia Tech – / ESPN3
Facebook: /NDVolleyball / Twitter: @NDVolleyball / Instagram: NDVBall
Snapchat: NDVolleyball / Text Alerts: Irish Alert! Text Messaging (Sign Up On UND.com)
Here are five things you need to know to be prepared for the first ACC road trip of 2015
- Sophomore Sam Fry has heated up over the last 11 matches, averaging 3.29 kills per set (135 total) and 1.12 blocks per set (46 total) … she has reached double figures in eight of the 11 matches and posted 15 or more on four occasions.
- Notre Dame won its first-ever ACC match in 2013 at Georgia Tech … the Irish swept the Yellow Jackets behind 10 kills, 10 digs and four blocks from junior Tony Alugbue and nine kills (.500 A%) from senior Nicole Smith.
- The Irish lost a five-set match to Georgia Tech at Purcell Pavilion last season … they have had no luck against the Tigers in two ACC meetings as they’ve been swept in both meetings.
- Freshman Ryann DeJarld continues to put up bloated dig totals as Notre Dame’s libero … in 16 career matches, the Chicago native has two of the top 11 dig performances by a Notre Dame player since 2001, including two of the top five showings since sets moved to 25 points from 30 in 2008 … she posted 30 against Hofstra September 5 before tallying 28 versus Syracuse October 4.
- Sophomore Taylor Zwickl earned her first career start at setter against Syracuse October 4, posting a remarkable 50 assists to go along with nine digs, three blocks and a service ace … the Muncie, Indiana native has a great back story, as she joined the Irish program as a walk-on in August from the Irish club volleyball team.
Individual match tickets for Notre Dame volleyball are on sale throughout the rest of the season. Visit und.com/tickets or call the Murnane Family Ticket Office at 574-631-7356 for more information.
For the latest Irish volleyball coverage, be sure to log on to UND.com or follow the program on Facebook (/NDVolleyball), Twitter (@NDVolleyball), Instagram (NDVBall) and Snapchat (NDVolleyball).
–Russell Dorn, Athletics Communications Assistant Director