Oct. 3, 2017
|Kenan Memorial Stadium||Chapel Hill, NC|
|TV: ABC | Radio: IMG College Sports||Notre Dame Ticket Exchange (Vivid Seats)|
|FIGHTING IRISH MEDIA GAMEWEEK CONTENT|
|Notre Dame Notes (PDF)||North Carolina Notes (PDF)|
|Coach Kelly Press Conference | Transcript (PDF)||Coach Kelly Post-Practice – Thursday 6 p.m.|
|Coach Kelly Radio Show – Friday 7 p.m.||Game Week Central|
|Inside Notre Dame Football||Fighting Irish Media Podcasts|
|Players: Adams | Martini | Morgan | Crawford||Heisler: Back To Tobacco Road|
Countdown To Kickoff
- 515 With 515 rushing yards at Boston College, it marked the third-most by any Irish team in a game since 1969 when they ran for a modern school-record 597 yards against Navy. It was good for a 10.1 yards per rush average, breaking the modern Notre Dame record (10.0) set against Great Lakes in 1942.
- 76 Miami (Ohio) was the 76th different opponent to face the Irish in Notre Dame Stadium. Notre Dame owns a record of 60-15-1 against first-time visitors to the Stadium. On Oct. 28, NC State will make its first visit to the Stadium.
- 22 Notre Dame is 22-for-22 this season when entering the red zone. The Irish are one of just 12 FBS programs to still be perfect on the season and none of the other 11 teams have converted for more touchdowns than the Irish.
- 10 With the season-opening win over Temple, the Irish improved to 10-2 since 1985 when a first-time starting quarterback made his debut start at Notre Dame Stadium. All told, the Irish have won six straight games with a first-time starter at QB and are 18-6 in starting debuts since ’85.
- 9 Notre Dame QB Brandon Wimbush owns nine career rushing TDs, including eight this season. With one rushing TD against Miami (Ohio), Wimbush is closing in on the single-season school record for rushing TDs by a QB of 10, set by DeShone Kizer in 2015.
- 8 With eight total TDs this season, QB Brandon Wimbush is tied for ninth nationally. He is second among quarterbacks in total touchdowns, trailing only Taquon Marshall who runs Georgia Tech’s option attack.
- 7 With a veteran offensive line and stable of running backs, Notre Dame ranks seventh in the nation with 301.4 rushing yards per game. The Irish have gone for over 300 yards in three games and eclipsed 400 yards twice.
- 6 Notre Dame’s rushing attack has totaled six rushes of at least 60 yards this season, with four of those runs from RB Josh Adams. Eight of Adams’ 15 career rushing touchdowns have come on runs of at least 35 yards.
- 5 RB Josh Adams eclipsed the 100-yard mark against Miami (Ohio) on just his fifth carry of the game, setting a personal best for fewest rushes to reach the century mark. It was the 11th 100-yard rushing game of Adam’s career, who has hit that mark in three games this season.
- 4 At 658 rushing yards for the year, RB Josh Adams ranks fourth in the nation. For his career, Adams has 2,426 rushing yards, ranking 24th among active players and fifth among non-seniors.
- 3 Notre Dame has allowed just three points off turnovers this season, while scoring 70 points on 11 turnovers by their opponents.
- 2 Notre Dame owns two road victories over Power 5 foes this season, one of just nine FBS teams to accomplish that feat (Clemson, Georgia, Maryland, Ohio State, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, TCU and Washington). With a victory at North Carolina, the Irish would join Washington as the only programs with three Power 5 road wins (Georgia and Maryland are also on the road this week).
- 1 For the first time in school history, Notre Dame had two players eclipse 200 rushing yards in the same game at Boston College. RB Josh Adams went for 234 yards, while QB Brandon Wimbush ran for 213 yards.
- 0 Not a single ticket has remained for a Notre Dame home game since 1973. The Miami (Ohio) contest was the 258th consecutive sellout at Notre Dame Stadium. The upcoming date with Southern Cal is also sold out, but fans can purchase tickets to the remaining three home games at UND.com/BuyTickets.