2019-20 Women's Lacrosse Roster
#32 Bridget Deehan
Hometown Milton, Ga.
High School Milton High School
- 2020 Inside Lacrosse Breakthrough Player of the Year
- 2020 Inside Lacrosse First Team All-American
- 2020 ACC Defensive Player of the Week (Feb. 18)
- 2018 ACC Academic Honor Roll
AS A JUNIOR:
- Started all seven games in goal for the Irish in 2020.
- Inside Lacrosse First Team All-American
- Inside Lacrosse Breakthrough Player of the Year
- Finished fifth in the country with a save percentage of .547.
- Finished seventh in the country with a goals-against average of 7.78.
- Part of an Irish defensive unit that ranked second in the country with a mark of 7.29 goals allowed per game.
- Named the ACC’s Defensive Player of the Week after a career-high 12 saves in Notre Dame’s 17-15 win at #3 Northwestern (Feb. 14).
- Stopped 10+ shots in three outings, including a pair of 12-save efforts at #3 Northwestern (Feb. 14) and vs. #22 Duke (March 1).
AS A SOPHOMORE:
- Appeared in 10 games for the Irish for a total of 149:53 minutes played.
- Made 14 saves on 23 shots for a .622 save percentage.
- Made a career-high 11 saves at Northwestern in the second round of the NCAA Tournament.
AS A FRESHMAN:
- Played in 10 games and made one start during the ACC Tournament.
- Made 46 saves on 89 shots for a .517 save percentage on the year.
- Picked up her first career win against Elon on Feb. 25.
- Made nine saves against No. 8 Virginia.
- Totaled a career-high 11 saves on the road against No. 7 Northwestern.
- Won her second career game in the ACC Quarterfinals against Virginia. She made nine saves on 11 shots to help the Irish overcome a five-goal deficit.
PREP AND PERSONAL:
- Graduated from Milton High School in May 2017 … earned four varsity letters in lacrosse … led her team to three state championships and four straight No. 1 rankings in the South … named First Team All-State, All-American, Academic All-American and Most Valuable Player as a junior … was First Team All-State, Georgia High School Player of the Year, Academic All-American, Under Armour All-American and Most Valuable Player as a senior … received the Parker Jackson Legacy Lacrosse Leadership Award and the Parker Jackson Legacy Lacrosse Memorial Award as a senior … was a two-time scholar-athlete and Team Georgia selection … played on the Eagle Stix club team.
- Named to the high school honor roll … selected as Milton High School’s Best Improv Performer in 2016-17 … is a Beta Club member, Editor of the Milton High School Yearbook, Co-Founder and Vice President of the American Legion Post 201 … teaches religious education at Saint Thomas Aquinas Catholic Church and is a Senior Altar Server … is in the National Spanish Honor Society and the National Honor Society … served as a Milton High School Special Needs Mentor and was in the Milton Improv Troupe.
- Born in San Diego, Calif. … hails from the same high school as current Irish teammate Jessi Masinko … mother Erin Ryan Deehan (‘87) and grandfather Kevin J. Ryan (‘61) graduated from Notre Dame … has several aunts and uncles who graduated from Notre Dame … has two brothers, Patrick and Kevin, and two sisters, Tara and Meghan … is the daughter of Bill and Erin Deehan … father Bill played lacrosse at the College of the Holy Cross … full name is Bridget Mary Deehan … intends to major in business.