2018-19 Women's Lacrosse Roster
#8 Savannah Buchanan
Hometown Baltimore, Md.
High School McDonogh
- 2019 Second Team IWLCA All-Region
- 2019 Second Team All-ACC
- 2019 Tewaaraton Award Watch List
- 2018 First Team IWLCA All-Region
- 2018 Second Team All-ACC
- 2018 ACC All-Tournament Team
- 2018 ILWomen Midseason Honorable Mention All-American
- 2018 All-ACC Academic Team
- 2018 ACC Academic Honor Roll
- 2017 ACC Academic Honor Roll
AS A JUNIOR:
- Served as a team captain for the Irish.
- Finished second on the Irish with 71 draw controls, which is the fourth highest single-season mark in program history.
- Recorded 16 goals and a career-best 18 assists for 34 points.
- Tied her career-high with 38 ground balls and caused 22 turnovers.
- Posted a career-high four assists in Notre Dame’s 19-10 win at Ohio State.
- One of five Irish players to cause 20+ turnovers.
- 2019 IWLCA Second Team All-West/Midwest Region.
- 2019 Second Team All-ACC honoree.
- Named to the Tewaaraton Award Watch List.
- Closed her junior season ranked third in Irish history with 183 career draw controls.
AS A SOPHOMORE:
- Led the team in assists (27), second in draw controls (67), ground balls (38), third in goals (27), points (43) and caused turnovers (18).
- Second in the ACC in assists and sixth in draw controls per game among midfielders.
- Assisted on the overtime game-winning goal against No. 7 Syracuse on March 24.
- Scored the game-winning goal with 31.4 seconds left to upset No. 18 Duke on April 15.
- Tied for third all-time for draw controls in a single season and ranks ninth in draw controls for her career.
AS A FRESHMAN:
- Started 18 games and saw action in all 19 of the Irish games
- Scored 19 goals, picked up 34 ground balls and recorded 45 draw controls.
- Led the Irish with 26 caused turnovers.
PREP and PERSONAL:
- Graduated from McDonogh in June of 2016.
- Lettered all four years in lacrosse, soccer, and basketball.
- Won the Interscholastic Athletic Association of Maryland Championship in lacrosse all four seasons.
- Her school’s lacrosse team was ranked No. 1 nationally all four years.
- Under Armour Underclass champion with Team Baltimore during her sophomore and junior seasons.
- Named to the Baltimore Sun second team All-Metro during her junior season.
- Also named a USA Today Third Team Pre-Season All-American, US Lacrosse Honorable Mention All-American, and Under Armour All-Tournament Team her junior year.
- Won the IAAM Championship in both soccer and basketball as a junior.
- The soccer team was ranked No. 1 nationally her junior and senior years.
- Scored 43 goals and totaled 24 assists her senior season.
- Named a USA Today First Team Pre-Season All-American, Baltimore Sun’s Female High School Athlete of the Year, USA Today First Team All-American, and Under Armour All-American honors as a senior.
- Named Baltimore Sun Athlete of the Year in basketball her senior year.
- The lacrosse team won its eighth consecutive championship and 155th consecutive game to conclude her senior year.
- Made the Dean’s list all four years of high school.
- Full name is Savannah Nicole Buchanan.
- Born to Philip and Donna Buchanan in Towson, Md.