2018-19 Women's Lacrosse Roster
#24 Maddie Howe
Hometown Fairport, N.Y.
High School Fairport High School
- 2018 ACC Academic Honor Roll
AS A FRESHMAN:
- Started all 19 games.
- Led the team in goals (40) and points (55) and third in assists (15).
- Combined with Andie Aldave to be the first freshman duo in school history to score 30+ goals in a single season in school history.
- First freshman to score 40 goals since Cortney Fortunato in 2014.
- Ranks third all-time in school history for most points in her freshman season.
- Scored a career-high four goals five times this season and recorded eight hat tricks to lead the team.
- Recorded six points twice at home against Michigan and on the road against Louisville.
- Career high four assists came in the home win against Elon.
PREP AND PERSONAL:
- Graduated from Fairport High School in June 2017 … earned five varsity letters in lacrosse and two in basketball … led her team to the 2016 Section V finals, the 2015 Section V Sportsmanship Team Award and was a four-time recipient of the New York State Scholar Athlete Achievement Award … is a five-time All-Monroe County selection … as a freshman, represented Western New York in the U.S. Lacrosse Women’s National Tournament … as a junior was named a U.S. Lacrosse High School All-American, All-Greater Rochester Player of the Year and Monroe County Player of the Year … is a four-time All-Greater Rochester nominee and a two-time Red Raider Award winner, given to the athlete who exhibits athletic, academic and leadership excellence … as a senior was named a US Lacrosse Academic All-Ameircan and was selected to the All-County First Team and the All-Greater Rochester First Team … was inducted into the Fairport High School Student Hall of Fame … was a two-time team captain … competed on the Lady Roc 2017 Yellow club lacrosse team … suffered two ACL injuries in 2014 and 2016 that caused her to miss those respective summer seasons.
- Is a Fairport High School Student Hall of Fame nominee and Notre Dame Club of Rochester Junior of the Year finalist … named Fairport High School Academic Excellence Award winner … was involved in the Student Ambassador Club, was the treasurer of the Joey Fund Committee and volunteers as a Youth Asset Leader … was invited to speak at the Student Summit of Race and selected as a panelist for the University of Rochester’s “Sports Summit on Injury Prevention and Health-Related Technology” … was a National Honor Society member.
- Born in Buffalo, N.Y. … hails from the same high school as former Irish athletes Katie DeRusso, Jenny Chiang and Angela Ryck … father played collegiate basketball at Geneseo … has a little brother Derek … is the daughter of Craig and Dawn Howe … full name is Madeline Jane Howe … intends to major in finance.