2020-21 Women's Basketball Roster
#10 Katlyn Gilbert
Hometown Indianapolis, IN
High School Heritage Christian
ATHLETIC STATUS – SOPHOMORE
- 2020 ACC All-Freshman Team
- ACC Freshman of the Week (Feb. 10, 2020)
- Points: 25 (vs NC State, 1/12/20)
- Rebounds: 8, 3x (last vs North Carolina, 2/27/20)
- Field Goals Made: 12 (vs NC State, 1/12/20)
- Field Goals Attempted: 26 (vs NC State, 1/12/20)
- 3PT FG’s Made: 2 (at UConn, 12/8/19)
- 3PT FG’s Attempted: 5 (at UConn, 12/8/19)
- Free Throws Made: 8 (vs Louisville, 1/30/20)
- Free Throws Attempted: 9 (at Fordham, 11/5/19)
- Assists: 9 (vs Clemson, 12/29/19)
- Blocks: 2, 3x (last at Virginia, 1/26/20)
- Steals: 6 (at Duke, 1/16/20)
- Minutes: 39, 3x (last at Duke, 1/16/20)
- Double-figure scoring games: 26
- 20+ point games: 4
SOPHOMORE SEASON (2019-20)
- ACC All-Freshman Team selection.
- Played in all 31 games, starting in all but two. Averaged 33.8 minutes.
- Miss consistent: recorded a career best streak of 13 double-digit scoring games in a row to start the season. She finished with 25, which led all ACC freshmen.
- Gilbert (13.6 ppg) ranked 2nd among ACC freshmen in scoring, behind Brunelle.
- Only two players in all of the ACC averaged at least 13 points, 2.5 assists, 2.0 steals and 4 rebounds: Gilbert and Duke’s Haley Gorecki. Only five players total among Power-5 schools. All of Division-I freshmen – just Gilbert and Buffalo’s Dyaisha Fair.
- Gilbert’s 13.6 scoring average ranked 8th all-time for ND freshmen.
- Only three freshmen pairs in all of Division-I averaged 13.0 ppg or higher –> ND’s Brunelle and Gilbert, Fresno State’s Haley & Hanna Cavinder and UTSA’s Mikayla Woods & Adryana Quezada.
- Brunelle/Gilbert/Peoples became the first freshmen trio to all finish with a double-digit scoring average. Plus, Brunelle and Gilbert became the highest scoring freshmen pairing in ND history, besting: Arike Ogunbowale (11.4) and Marina Mabrey (10.7), 2015-16 // Mary Beth Schueth (13.0) and Carries Bates (12.4), 1981-82.
- Among freshmen at power-five schools, Gilbert’s scoring average ranked 8th.
- Her 2.0 steals/game ranked 3rd in the ACC – led all conference rookies.
- Averaged 3.4 assists/game in league play, which ranked 12th in the ACC.
- Tied her career high of eight rebounds twice over the last five games.
- Made the most of her final game of the season, scoring 16 of her 20 points in the second half vs Pitt. Gilbert finished with four 20+ point scoring efforts for the year.
- Gilbert poured in 11 points in the third quarter vs. UNC (2/27), totaling 24 for the game.
- Up just 66-64 vs. Syracuse (2/23) with 4:02 remaining, Gilbert converted on back-to-back possessions to help the Irish push ahead to the 72-70 victory.
- Named the ACC Rookie of the Week (Feb. 10) after averaging 14.5 points, 5.5 rebounds and 3.5 assists in wins over Wake Forest and Pitt. Gilbert delivered a critical late-game jumper to break a 69-69 tie at Wake eventually winning 75-71. Then Gilbert scored 11 of her 17 points in the first half vs Pitt.
- During ND’s 20-0 run against Miami in the third quarter on Jan. 19, Gilbert supplied eight of the points, ultimately finishing with 12 points & 7 assists.
- Went off against No. 9 NC State (1/12) with a career high 25 points on 12 made field goals.
- Scored 11 of her 15 points at No. 4 UConn (12/8) in the second half. Prior, Gilbert scored all 15 of her points in the second half vs. Minnesota (12/4) – eight of which came in the 4th quarter.
- Made the most of her first career start, leading the Irish with 24 points on 9-of-15 shooting from the floor.
FRESHMAN SEASON (2018-19)
- Separated her right shoulder in win over No. 14 Iowa (11/29). Had surgery to repair damage in shoulder and earned a redshirt for the season.
- Played in first 7 games and averaged 15.9 minutes.
- Broke out against Gonzaga, pouring in 14 points on 5-of-8 shooting to go along with her 5 rebounds.
- Was disruptive on defense against Drake, nabbing a season best 4 steals.
- Attended Heritage Christian School in Indianapolis where she lettered four years in women’s basketball.
- Averaged 18.5 points, 7.0 rebounds and 4.0 steals during her senior season.
- Became just the second women’s basketball player at Heritage Christian School history to be named a McDonald’s All-American
- Gilbert recorded seven points, three assists and two steals at the McDonald’s All-American game
- Gilbert was 1-of-13 players named to the Indiana All-Stars team.
- Competed in the 2018 Jordan Brand Classic at the Barclays Center
- Ranked 25th overall in the Class of 2018 and sixth at the position
- Led Heritage Christian to back-to-back Class 3A State Championships in her first two seasons
- Averaged 16.8 points, 7.5 rebounds, along with 52.0 percent shooting as a junior
- Led school to the semifinals of the Class 3A State championship as a junior. Went 21-6 overall and won fifth straight regional title
- Also played for Best Choice United
- 2018 Naismith High School All-America Honorable Mention as well.
- 2018 McDonald’s All-American
- 2018 Indiana All-Star team member
- 2018 Jordan Brand Classic
- IBCA Underclass All-State in 2017
- 2017 Indiana Classic All-Star Game Invite
- 2017 AP All-State First Team
- 2017 National Gatorade Player of the Year candidate
- 2017 NCSAA All-State nomination
- 2017 ICGSA All-State nomination
- 2017 IBCA Showcase Invitation
- 2017 American Family Insurance All-USA Indy Area Girls Basketball Second Team
- 2017 IBCA/Subway Supreme 15 Underclass girls’ team
- 2017 Max Preps Heritage Christian Player of the Year
- 2016 U17 USA National Team Trials
- 2016 Naismith Trophy H.S. Player of the Year Preseason Watch List
- 2015 U16 USA National Team Trials