2019-20 Women's Basketball Roster
#20 Nicole Benz
Hometown Valencia, CA
High School William S. Hart
- Elite 90 Award
- Pts: 3 (vs UNC, 2/1/18)
- Rebs: 3 (vs Harvard, 11/9/18)
- FGM: 1, 4x (last vs Virginia, 3/3/19)
- FGA: 2, 7x (last vs Virginia, 3/3/19)
- 3FGM: 1 (vs UNC, 2/1/18)
- 3FGA: 2, 2x (last vs Villanova, 3/18/18)
- FTM: 2 (vs Harvard, 11/9/18)
- FTA: 2 (vs Harvard, 11/9/18)
- Ast: 1, 2x (last at Marquette, 12/22/18)
- Min: 10 (vs Binghamton, 12/16/18)
SOPHOMORE SEASON (2018-19)
- Started the 2018-19 season as a student-manager before receiving the call-up once again right before the season opener.
- Officially surpassed the amount of games she played in last season with 23 appearances this year. Has averaged 3.1 minutes.
- Recipient of the Elite 90 award – which recognizes the student-athlete with the highest GPA at a championship event.
- Reeled in a rebound vs MSU in the Second Round on March 25.
- Notched her first collegiate assist vs WKU on Dec. 19.
- Played a career high 10 minutes vs Binghamton (12/16), where she reeled in 2 rebounds.
- Recorded her 2nd career field goal at No. 15 DePaul on Nov. 17, 3rd vs No. 14 Iowa on Nov. 29 and 4th vs Virginia on March 3.
- Made her first pair of collegiate free throws in the season opener vs Harvard on Nov. 9. Also reeled in a career high three rebounds.
FRESHMAN SEASON (2017-18)
- Was the third walk-on for the Irish for the 2017-18 championship season, where she made 13 appearances on the year.
- Reeled in a rebound in last three appearance and in five of the last six.
- Earned her first collegiate points by sinking a three vs UNC on Feb. 1.
- Grabbed a career best two rebounds vs Clemson on Jan. 21. Tied that mark with two boards vs Virginia Tech on Feb. 22.
- Played in her first collegiate game for the Irish at Georgia Tech on Jan. 7, checking-in in the final minute.
- Attended William S. Hart High School
- Lettered four years on the varsity basketball team
- Led the Indians to the California Interscholastic Federation semis and were Foothill League runner-ups in her sophomore season, achieving a 23-8 record
- Finished in third place in the Foothill League all other seasons
- Was named All-CIF Second Team as a junior
- All-Santa Clarita Valley First Team as a junior and senior
- All-Foothill League First Team as a senior
- Team captain in both her junior and senior year campaigns
- Achieved a career high 25 points during her junior season
- Highlight of prep career was defeating Buena on the road in the playoffs in her senior year
- Also played travel basketball for Triple Threat
- Editor in Chief of The Smoke Signal (school newspaper), Key Club President, National Honor Society Vice President and Girl Scout Gold Award recipient
- Daughter of John & Nancy Benz
- Oldest of three siblings
- Enjoys reading in her spare time
- Loves to go wakeboarding and camping in the summertime
- Majoring in Engineering