#12 Abby Prohaska
- Points: 6, 2x (last vs FSU, 2/10/19)
- Rebounds: 5, 2x (last vs FSU, 2/10/19)
- Field Goals Made: 3 (vs FSU, 2/10/19)
- Field Goals Attempted: 5 (vs Duke, 2/21/19)
- 3PT FG’s Made: 1, 2x (last vs Syracuse, 3/9/19)
- 3PT FG’s Attempted: 2 (vs Syracuse, 3/9/19)
- Free Throws Made: 4 (vs Harvard, 11/9/18)
- Free Throws Attempted: 4, 2x (last at Boston College, 2/13/19)
- Assists: 4, 2x (last vs WKU, 12/19/18)
- Blocks: 1 (vs Iowa, 11/29/18)
- Steals: 4, 2x (last at Virginia Tech, 1/16/19)
- Minutes: 30 (vs Drake, 11/23/18)
FRESHMAN SEASON (2018-19)
- Played in 38-of-39 games, averaging 14.4 minutes, which includes 3 starts. Scored in 20-of-38 appearances.
- Became an instant fan favorite due to her hustle on the court and willingness to take a charge. Led the team in charges taken.
- Was Notre Dame’s primary and lone guard option off the bench during the NCAA Tournament. Provided a +8 in plus-minus vs UConn (4/5).
- Spark off the bench: When Arike received her third foul and went to the bench in the third quarter vs Stanford, the Irish trailed 44-41 with 2:51 left in the quarter. Enter Prohaska who helped ignite a 13-4 scoring run to end the quarter up 52-46, as the Irish never looked back. Prohaska tallied 4 points, 3 boards and 1 assist in the game.
- Made her NCAA Tournament debut on March 23 vs Bethune-Cookman, collecting 2 points & 3 boards.
- Made her first collegiate three-pointer in regular season finale vs Virginia (3/3) then connected on a trey again vs Syracuse (3/9).
- Tied her season high in points (6) and rebounds (5) vs FSU on Feb. 10.
- Made her third start at UNC on Jan. 27.
- Tied her career high of 4 steals at Virginia Tech (1/16).
- Was the only Irish reserve to record positive plus-minus minutes at No. 19 Marquette (12/22) with +9.
- Tied her season high of 4 assists vs WKU (12/19).
- Made her first two collegiate starts at the Vancouver Showcase against Gonzaga and Drake.
- Recorded her first career block vs No. 14 Iowa on Nov. 29.
- Provided spark off the bench at No. 15 DePaul, tallying 4 points, 4 assists, 0 turnovers and 4 steals. Abby’s Plus-Minus of +25 was the highest of any Irish player in the win.
- Attended Lakota West High School
- Ranked 78th overall and the 20th best shooting guard in 2018 class
- Averaged 15.0 points, 6.2 rebounds and 4.3 steals as a senior
- Led the Firebirds to a top-10 state ranking, a Greater Miami Conference Championship and a No. 1 seed in the state tournament
- Experienced just eight losses during her four-year tenure at Lakota West
- Broke the Lakota West career assists record, surpassing the 270 mark at the District Championship
- Also a member of the 1,000-career points club
- Led the Firebirds to a 24-3 season as a junior, reaching the Division I Regional Semifinals
- As a junior – Averaged 11.4 points, 7.1 rebounds and 3.5 assists, as the latter tied the school record set back in 2006
- Broke the Lakota West single season steals record in her freshman season (100)
- Was named to the USA U18 team
- Earned a bronze medal at the FIBA U17 World Championship with the USA U17 squad in 2016
- 2018 Division I First Team All-Ohio
- 2017 AP Division I All-State honoree
Coach McGraw on Prohaska:
“Abby brings a tremendous amount of energy. She is a great team player because she is someone you can count on to take a charge, dive for loose balls and set the tone defensively. You like having her on the court because she does so many little things well. She can drive, she can pass, she can shoot, so she’s just an all-around talented player.”