2020-21 Softball Roster
#4 Quinn Biggio
Hometown Houston, Texas
High School St. Agnes Academy
AS A SOPHOMORE (2020):
- Saw action in all five games of the season-opening NFCA Leadoff Classic, starting four. Biggio posted a team-high 23 putouts with a 1.000 fielding percentage. On offense, the sophomore cracked three hits and scored two runs, including a double in the 16-0 shutout of Missouri State to score Abby Sweet.
- Saw action in two games and recorded a walk at the ACC/Big Ten Challenge
- Started five games at the Mary Nutter Classic and went .308/.400/.462 with four hits, two RBIs, two doubles and four runs scored
- Logged one hit at Duke
- Had a .444 OBP and .667 slugging percentage with a home run and three walks in the three-game series at NC State
- Hit a solo home run to help lead the Irish over UC Santa Barbara
AS A FRESHMEN (2018-19):
- Appeared in 48 games on the season
PREP AND PERSONAL:
- Majoring in Marketing
- Twitter: @QuinnBiggio
- Instagram: @Quinn_Biggio
- Letterwinner at Saint Agnes Academy in Houston.
- Repeated as a first-team all-district and all-state recipient as a senior, batting .395 with seven home runs, 39 RBI, a .500 on-base percentage, a .755 slugging percentage and 37 runs in only 33 games as Saint Agnes placed third in the Texas 6A TAPPS (Texas Association of Private and Parochial Schools) state tournament.
- Received the Black and Gold Award as a senior, the highest athletics honor at Saint Agnes that is presented to an athlete who excels on and off the field.
- Earned first-team all-district and all-state honors as a junior, with Saint Agnes also third in the Texas 6A TAPPS tournament.
- Claimed first-team honors at both the district and state levels as a member of the state championship runner-up as a sophomore.
- Named to the all-district and all-state first teams as a freshman.
- Also lettered in volleyball at Saint Agnes, earning two all-state second-team nods and was the VYPE Magazine preseason runner-up for Houston’s best libero.
- Most recently competed with the New Jersey Intensity on the club circuit, and placed ninth at 2017 PGF Nationals.
- Named a 2018 PGF Regional All-American, representing the Southwest region.
- Dean’s list recipient at Saint Agnes Academy.
- Served as an ambassador for Saint Agnes in each of the last four years.
- Interned with Sunshine Kids, a non-profit organization dedicated to assisting children afflicted by cancer.
- Daughter of Craig and Patty Biggio and has two brothers, Conor and Cavan.
- Father, Craig, is special assistant to the general manager of the 2017 World Series champion Houston Astros. He was a baseball letterman at Seton Hall before playing 20 seasons with the Astros, and was elected to the National Baseball Hall of Fame in 2015.
- Brothers, Conor (’15) and Cavan (completing degree), both played baseball at Notre Dame. Cavan is a member of the Toronto Blue Jays organization.
- Becomes the third Houston resident to suit up for Notre Dame in program history, and the first since Sara Schoonaert (2003-06).
- In Prep, played on NJ Intensity Club Softball travel team with Irish teammates Quinn Biggio, Karina Gaskins, Alex McManus, Leea Hanks and Molly Carney