2020-21 Softball Roster
#34 Morgan Ryan
Hometown Greensburg, Pa.
High School Hempfield Area Senior
HONORS AND AWARDS:
2018 Atlantic Coast Conference Academic Honor Roll
AS A JUNIOR (2020)
- Appeared in three games over the NFCA Leadoff Classic, recording one win and contributing to the 16-0 shutout of Missouri State. In five innings pitched, Ryan gave up just two hits, striking out three batters.
- Made two appearances and pitched 2.0 scoreless innings while only allowing one base runner at the ACC/Big Ten Challenge.
- Pitched 2.1 innings in three appearances at the Mary Nutter Classic with one strikeout and four runs allowed.
- Made one appearance and pitched 2.0 innings with a 0.00 ERA and two strikeouts at Duke.
AS A FRESHMAN (2018):
- Tabbed to the ACC Academic Honor Roll.
- Appeared in seven games in the circle, making one start.
- Spun a scoreless inning of relief in collegiate debut, striking out two batters in a win over Saint Mary’s (Feb. 9).
- Tossed 2.1 innings of one-run relief with a strikeout against No. 20 Michigan (Feb. 17).
- Earned first career start against UC Santa Barbara (March 3), scattering four hits over 2.1 innings with a strikeout.
- Logged a scoreless inning of relief in an Irish home victory against Eastern Michigan (March 27).
PREP AND PERSONAL:
- Majoring in Science Pre-Professional and Spanish with a minor in Science, Technology and Values; aspires to be a physician’s assistant.
- Twitter: @morganeryan
- Instagram: @morgan_ryan
- 2017 Gatorade Pennsylvania Softball Player of the Year
- Won the 2014 Little League World Series on the East Team
- Guided Hempfield Area High School to a second straight Pennsylvania Interscholastic Athletic Association (PIAA) championship as a senior, posting a 22-0 record with a 1.00 ERA in 140 innings pitched, adding 199 strikeouts – Batted over .450 with five home runs and 37 RBI as the team’s cleanup hitter.
- The Hempfield career leader with 73 pitching wins, also concluded high school career as the all-time Spartans leader in home runs (16) and RBI (100).
- 2017 Pittsburgh Tribune-Review Softball Player of the Year.
- 2017 PGF Northeast Regional All-American.
- Pennsylvania High School Softball Coaches Association and Pittsburgh Post-Gazette Player of the Year in 2016 during state championship season as a junior – posted a 23-2 record with a 1.11 ERA, which included 12 shutouts and a one-hitter in the state championship game to earn first team all-state recognition.
- Batted .333 with six home runs and 30 RBI as a junior, while Hempfield Area High School was voted the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette Sports Team of the Year.
- Compiled a 19-2 mark with a 0.98 ERA as a second team all-state selection during sophomore campaign, earning Pittsburgh Post-Gazette Player of the Year honors.
- Was a second team all-section choice as a freshman after logging a 9-3 record.
- Earned additional high school varsity letters in basketball and volleyball, which included a top eight state basketball finish as a freshman.
- Most recently competed with the Ohio Outlaws on the club circuit, and won the 18U championship at the Team New Jersey Classic against more than 50 teams from across the United States in the summer of 2017.
- Played for the victorious Greensburg team that won the 2014 Little League Junior Softball World Series, smashing a home run and adding five strikeouts on the mound in the championship game in Kirkland, Washington.
- Member of the National Honor Society, Science National Honor Society and Spanish Honor Society.
- Daughter of Jeff and Shelly Ryan and has one brother, Alex, and two sisters, Madison and Peyton.
- The seventh Pennsylvania resident to suit up for Notre Dame in program history.