#24 Alexis Holloway
HONORS AND AWARDS:
2018 NFCA Mid-Atlantic All-Region First Team
2018 All-Atlantic Coast Conference Second Team
2018 Atlantic Coast Conference All-Freshman Team
2018 Atlantic Coast Conference All-Academic Team
2018 Atlantic Coast Conference Academic Honor Roll
AS A JUNIOR (2020):
- Finished the season with a 1.09 ERA, leading the team.
After seeing action in four of Notre Dame’s five games on the weekend, Holloway was named to the 2020 NFCA Leadoff Classic All-Tournament Team, and was selected as one of the NFCA’s overall top performances in Division I softball. She led the Irish to wins over No. 21 Ole Miss (7-5) and Missouri State (a 16-0 shutout) and recorded a save vs. South Alabama (3-1). One of Notre Dame’s four captains, Holloway’s record stands at 2-1 (with one save) after the first weekend of play (four appearances). Through 18 innings, Holloway posted an ERA of 0.78 with 10 strikeouts. She pitched key innings to hold the wins for the Irish over No. 21 Ole Miss, Missouri State and South Alabama, contributing to a 16-0 shutout of Missouri State. Through 18 innings, Holloway gave up just two earned runs, and held opposing batters to a .209 average and just one sacrifice hit against. She threw one complete game. On offense, Holloway marked three runs and two hits on six at-bats, with one RBI and one walk. She posted a .500 slugging percentage and .429 on-base percentage. Against Missouri State, she successfully stole second on her only attempt on the weekend, and later recorded a double. She also added on a sacrifice hit over the weekend. On defense, Holloway recorded one PO and seven assists, posting a 1.000 fielding percentage.
- Pitched 17.1 innings with a 0.00 ERA and 15 strikeouts for a 3-0 record at the ACC/Big Ten Challenge
- At the plate, had three hits, three RBIs and a home run at the ACC/Big Ten Challenge
- Pitched 23.1 innings in five appearances without allowing an earned run (0.00 ERA) while striking out 28 batters at the Mary Nutter Classic
- Added two hits and an RBI as a batter at the Mary Nutter Classic
- Went 1-1 as a starter at Duke, pitching 10.0 innings with a 2.80 ERA and five strikeouts over the two games
- Had a double at the plate at Duke
- Started two games at NC State and pitched 10.0 innings with seven earned runs and ten strikeouts
- Also had one hit at NC State
- Started at UC Santa Barbara and pitched 5.0 scoreless innings with four strikeouts to pick up the win
- Added one hit in two at bats at UC Santa Barbara
AS A FRESHMAN (2018):
- Tabbed to the NFCA Mid-Atlantic All-Region First Team, becoming just the third Notre Dame freshman pitcher to earn first-team all-region honors in program history.
- Selected to the All-ACC Second Team and ACC All-Freshman Team.
- Named to the ACC All-Academic Team and the ACC Academic Honor Roll.
- Earned first career nod as the ACC Pitcher of the Week on March 13.
- Compiled a 22-15 mark over 45 appearances, posting a 2.55 ERA while starting 36 contests (22 complete games).
- Recorded the 24th 20-win season by a pitcher in program history, becoming the sixth Irish freshman to ever reach the milestone during a debut season and the first since Laura Winter in 2011.
- Added five solo shutouts and four saves during debut season, limiting opponents to a .217 batting average against with 179 strikeouts.
- Limited opposing right-handed hitters to a .201 (108-for-536) cumulative batting average over the course of the season, holding all opponents to a .204 clip (58-for-284) with two outs.
- Carved out a home run, five doubles and scored six runs in limited at-bats as a hitter.
- Struck out a career-high 12 batters while scattering six hits in a complete game to win collegiate debut against Seattle (Feb. 9).
- Added two hits, including a double, with a run scored versus Seattle (Feb. 9).
- Spun a game 3.2 innings of three-hit relief and added three strikeouts in a victory over No. 14 Minnesota (Feb. 17).
- In follow-up start the next day against the Gophers (Feb. 18), tossed a one-hit shutout with three walks and four strikeouts to sweep Minnesota.
- Threw 2.1 innings of hitless relief in the nightcap of the day against No. 20 Michigan (Feb. 18) to cap a 3-1 Notre Dame effort at the Big Ten/ACC Challenge.
- Earned first career RBI after being hit by a pitch with the bases loaded to defeat the Wolverines (Feb. 18).
- Downed St. John’s (Feb. 24) with three hits allowed over seven innings, adding seven strikeouts.
- Fashioned a two-hit shutout over five innings with six strikeouts against Fordham (March 2).
- Allowed one run (unearned) on two hits with eight strikeouts and no walks in a complete game against FIU, while also hitting first career home run at the plate (March 3).
- Notched the 44th no-hitter (37th solo) in program history at NC State (March 10) – First Notre Dame freshman to throw a no-hitter since Laura Winter shut out South Florida 1-0 on April 27, 2011.
- As the reigning ACC Pitcher of the Week, compiled 9.0 innings of one-hit softball with no runs allowed and 14 strikeouts for a win and save in a doubleheader sweep of North Florida (March 13).
- Earned second straight save with two shutout innings the following day at Jacksonville (March 14).
- Picked up a pair of wins and an additional save during an ACC three-game sweep at Louisville (March 16-18).
- Threw all eight innings, allowing a lone run on two hits to complete an ACC series win at Virginia Tech (March 31).
- Spun consecutive complete-game victories against Syracuse (April 7-8), allowing two combined runs on 10 hits over 14 innings of a series sweep of the Orange.
- Allowed two earned runs over seven innings, finishing with seven strikeouts in a game one triumph at Boston College (April 20).
- Complete game five-hitter with no walks and five strikeouts in a home midweek win against Bowling Green (April 24).
- Allowed one earned run over seven innings, striking out four batters that included the final out of an upset win against eventual NCAA champion No. 8 Florida State (April 29).
- Surrendered a lone run on two hits over seven innings, striking out four in ACC Championship debut against Boston College (May 10).
- Went seven strong innings with three hits allowed to defeat No. 17 Michigan (May 18) in the opening game of the NCAA Lexington Regional.
- Added a four-hitter with one run against, punching out the final Wolverine hitter to knock Michigan out of the NCAA Championship the following day (May 20).
PREP AND PERSONAL:
- Majoring in Aerospace Engineering; aspires to work designing planes, helicopters or space vehicles.
- Twitter: @hollowayale
- Instagram: @holloway.lex
- Ranked 2nd in the FloSoftball 2017 Hot 100 rankings (rated the nation’s top ’17 pitcher).
- Named the 2017 Gatorade Indiana Softball Player of the Year.
- 2017 Indiana Class 4A Mental Attitude Award winner.
- 2017 National High School Coaches Association (NHSCA) National High School Player of the Year.
- 2017 FloSoftball High School Player of the Year.
- 2017 Northwest Indiana Post-Tribune Player of the Year.
- 2017 USA Today and FloSoftball First-Team All-American.
- Helped guide Crown Point High School to first Class 4A state championship as a senior after posting a 22-1 record with an 0.26 ERA and 277 strikeouts in only 164.1 innings pitched – Batted .423 with nine extra-base hits, 24 RBI and 14 runs scored.
- Finished Crown Point career with a 53-3 record, 735 strikeouts and only 66 walks in 403.2 innings pitched.
- American Family Insurance All-USA softball honorable mention, MaxPreps Junior All-America and all-state first team selection in 2016 after posting a 13-0 record with a 0.38 ERA in 92.2 innings, striking out 176 hitters – Batted .398 with 16 extra-base hits, 23 RBI and 27 runs scored.
- All-state first team choice for sectional champion Crown Point as a sophomore after compiling a 14-2 mark with a 0.49 ERA in 99.1 innings, striking out 183 batters – Batted .354 with 15 extra-base hits, 21 RBI and 31 runs scored.
- Claimed all-state second team recognition for sectional and regional champion Crown Point as a freshman, logging a 4-0 record with a 0.44 ERA and 99 strikeouts in 47.1 innings – Batted .476 with 10 doubles, six triples, 24 RBI, a .506 on-base percentage and 29 runs scored.
- Competed with the Beverly Bandits on the club circuit, with top finishes including winning the 2017 PGF 18U National Championship (4-0, 0.37 ERA in the tournament), runner-up at 2014 PGF 16U Nationals, top 10 placements at the 2015 and 2016 PGF 18U Nationals, first place at the 2014 and 2016 DeMarini College Exposure, first place at the 2015 Independence Day Tournament, and first place at the 2016 PGF Shootout.
- Represented the East team during the 2017 PGF High School All-American Game in Irvine, California.
- Member of the Honor Society and athletic council at Crown Point High School, and also earned Principal Honor Roll accolades.
- Daughter of Seth and Cheryl Holloway and has one sister, Anna.
- Will become the 18th Indiana resident to suit up for Notre Dame in program history, and the second from Crown Point (Angie Grimmer, 1999-00).