#44 Alexis Bazos
HONORS AND AWARDS:
2018 Atlantic Coast Conference Academic Honor Roll
2017 NFCA Division I All-America Scholar-Athlete
2017 Atlantic Coast Conference Academic Honor Roll
AS A SENIOR (2020):
- Saw action in two games of the NFCA Leadoff Classic as a pinch hitter
INTERNATIONAL CAREER (Greece):
• Made first career appearance as a member of the Greece National Team at the 2017 Women’s Softball European Championship in Bollate, Italy – Greece earned its best finish in the tournament since a 2005 silver medal, a top six result, in Bazos’ debut with the team.
• Batted .310 in 11 starts at the 2017 European Championship, leading all Greek players with 10 runs and three stolen bases, placing second with nine hits and third with seven RBI.
• Batted a team-high .412 in five starts at the 2018 WBSC Super 6 Tournament, pacing Greece with seven hits and adding a game-winning RBI and three runs scored.
AS A JUNIOR (2019):
- Named to the ACC Academic Honor Roll.
AS A SOPHOMORE (2018):
• Named to the ACC Academic Honor Roll.
• Appeared in a career-high 53 games, notching 47 starts in the Irish outfield.
• Batted .316 with 36 hits, 13 RBI, a .360 on-base percentage and 23 runs scored.
• Hit at a .289 (13-for-45) clip with two outs, adding seven two-out RBI.
• Capped the year with nine multiple-hit games and four multi-RBI contests.
• Notched first two career RBI on the game-winning single with two outs in the bottom of the sixth inning of season debut against Seattle (Feb. 9).
• 2-for-4 with two runs scored later in the day against Saint Mary’s (Feb. 9).
• Reached base in all three plate appearances, recording two hits and a hit by pitch while scoring a run against South Dakota (Feb. 10).
• 2-for-2 with an RBI against No. 6 Texas A&M (Feb. 22).
• Shined with a 2-for-3 performance that included a stolen base, two RBI and a run scored in a win over UMass (March 2).
• Added two hits and scored an additional run later in the day against Fordham (March 2).
• Drove in the winning runs with a two-RBI single in the second inning against FIU (March 3).
• Ripped two hits and drove in the winning run to complete a doubleheader sweep at North Florida (March 13).
• 2-for-3 with two runs scored to complete the sweep in game three at Louisville (March 16).
• Drove in the tying run in the top of the eighth inning to ultimately help guide Notre Dame to a game three and series win at Virginia Tech (March 31).
• Rocked two hits and scored what would become the winning run to cap a three-game sweep of Syracuse (April 8).
• Crossed the plate twice during a midweek showdown with Northwestern (April 18).
• 2-for-4 with an RBI and run scored in a game one win at Boston College (April 20).
AS A FRESHMAN (2017):
• Selected as an NFCA Division I All-America Scholar-Athlete.
• Named to the ACC Academic Honor Roll.
• Played in 42 games during freshman season, emerging as Notre Dame’s top option as a pinch hitter and pinch runner.
• Batted .294 for the season, including a .333 clip (5-for-15) as a pinch hitter, and scored a total of 12 runs.
• Reached at a .500 clip (5-for-10) in opportunities as an inning’s leadoff hitter.
• Scored first career run against San Diego State (Feb. 11).
• Earned first career hit as a pinch hitter against Purdue (March 4) during the Diamond 9 Citrus Classic.
• Added a pinch-hit single later in the tournament against Chattanooga (March 5).
• Drew a walk as a pinch hitter in the first game of an ACC series at Georgia Tech (March 11).
• Scored one of the go-ahead runs for Notre Dame after a leadoff single in the series finale against the Yellow Jackets (March 12).
• Came across to score as a pinch runner in game two of an ACC series against Virginia Tech (March 24).
• Added a pinch-hit single the following day to complete the sweep of the Hokies (March 25).
• Tallied runs in games two and three of ACC series at Louisville (April 1-3).
• Notched a single as a pinch hitter in opening game of conference set at NC State (April 14).
• Scored a run for the Irish during the nightcap against the Wolfpack (April 14).
• Added a run in a midweek showdown with Western Michigan (April 19).
• Scored as a pinch runner in three straight game appearances that included Northwestern (April 25), No. 24 Arkansas (April 29) and Butler (May 3).
• Came around to score during a Senior Day victory against Boston College (May 7).
PREP AND PERSONAL:
• Five-year letterwinner at Fox Lane High School.
• As a senior team captain, earned third team all-state and all-section recognition, batting .508 with five home runs, 12 stolen bases and 32 runs scored.
• Team leader as a junior captain in batting average (.581), runs, RBI, doubles, triples, stolen bases, and on-base percentage.
• Named all-league and all-section as a junior, and was tabbed first team all-Hudson Valley.
• Missed all but three games of sophomore season due to injury.
• Earned all-league and all-section honors as a freshman, batting .490 with 43 runs scored in only 20 games.
• Became the first eighth grader in school history to earn all-league distinction after batting .521 for league champion Fox Lane.
• Competed with the New Jersey Intensity KOD club team under head coach Kevin O’Donnell, father of former Irish standout pitcher Brittany O’Donnell — other Irish alumni of Intensity KOD include current players Katie Marino, MK Bonamy and Bailey Bigler, and former players O’Donnell, Cassidy Whidden, Megan Sorlie and Carly Piccinich.
• Member of the National Honor Society and National Society of High School Scholars.
• Earned High Honor Roll distinction in every high school quarter, was been recognized as a National Merit Scholar, and received the Women’s Foundation of Science and Mathematics Award for the class of 2016.
• Daughter of George and Jill Bazos.
• Has two sisters, Taylor and Nicole.
• Father, George, played baseball at Tufts University.
• Enrolled in the Mendoza College of Business, majoring in business analytics.