2019-20 Men's Soccer Roster
#29 Mohamed Omar
Hometown Toronto, ON
High School Berkshire School (MA
CAREER AWARDS & HONORS:
Selected to train with U-20 Canadian National Team
AS A SOPHOMORE (2019):
- Earned 18 starts and played in all 19 matches as a defensive midfielder.
- Finished the season with five points off two goals and an assist.
- Scored the first goal of his career in the win over Seattle.
- Provided the assist in the 1-1 draw at No. 4 Indiana.
- Started in each of Notre Dame’s seven shutout wins.
AS A FRESHMAN (2018):
- Earned five starts and played in 17 matches as a center defensive midfielder.
- Recorded one assist on the season, coming in the win over UConn.
- Logged playing time in six clean sheets for the Irish.
- Made his Notre Dame debut against Saint Louis in the season opener.
PREP AND PERSONAL:
- Letterwinner at the Berkshire School in Sheffield, Massachusetts.
- Ranked as the top player in the state according to the New England Soccer Journal after scoring 13 goals and adding 15 assists as a senior.
- Named MVP of the High School Soccer All-American Game in Orlando, Florida, and was an All-New England All-Star and named to the All-New England Best XI.
- Scored 11 goals and chipped in eight assists as part of a 21-1-0 team as a junior that won the New England Class A title.
- Contributed five goals and seven assists during an 18-3-0 season as a sophomore.
- Scored two goals and chipped in three assists as a freshman for the New England Class A champion Berkshire that was the top-ranked team in the country.
- Also played basketball and ran track in high school, and was a New England champion in the 4X400m relay.
- Has competed with both Toronto FC III and Black Rock FC on the club circuit.
- Was a semifinalist in the IMG Cup Super Group and finished as Connecticut State champions with Black Rock FC.
- Won the OYSL and the International Youth Cup with Toronto FC III, also finishing as semifinalist of the Generation adidas Cup.
- Serves as the Berkshire School All-School President that presides over Student Council, and has been on the academic honor roll each semester.
- Winner of the Frederic S. Dean Award at Berkshire, given to the student who has made the greatest contribution during the school year.
- Son of Suleiman Omar and Sahra Hussein and has two brothers, Hanad and Guleed.