#7 Jack Casey
HONORS AND AWARDS:
2017 ACC All-Academic Team
2017 & 2018 CoSIDA Academic All-America Second Team
AS A JUNIOR (2018):
• Played in all 21 matches, earning 19 starts in his junior campaign.
• Tied for second on the team in assists, racking up three over the course of the season.
• Played a perfect through ball to Aiden McFadden for the winning goal in the victory over Boston College.
AS A SOPHOMORE (2017):
• Was one of six players to start all 20 matches for the Irish.
• Had five assists on the season, tied for the third-most on the team.
• Recorded a point in four consecutive games from September 2nd to September 19th.
• Assisted on the only goal scored in a 1-0 victory at UConn.
• Earned 2017 CoSIDA Academic All-America Second-Team honors.
• Named to the ACC Academic Honor Roll.
• Selected to the 2017 ACC All-Academic Team.
AS A FRESHMAN (2016):
• ACC Academic Honor Roll recipient.
• Appeared in 18 matches in the Notre Dame midfield during freshman season.
• Scored one goal and added three assists for five total points during the campaign.
• Made Irish debut during the opening game of the Mike Berticelli Memorial Tournament against UC Irvine.
• Scored first career Notre Dame goal, and later assisted on the game-winning tally to defeat No. 2 Syracuse in ACC play at Alumni Stadium.
• Served the primary assist on an Irish insurance goal in a win at Michigan.
• Threaded final pass to the winning Notre Dame goal in overtime against Duke during the first round of the ACC Championship.
PREP AND PERSONAL:
• Four-year soccer letterwinner at The Pingry School.
• Played the first half of senior high school season before transitioning full-time to club team.
• Was the Star Ledger High School Midfielder to Watch, Gatorade state player of the year nominee and was included on the boys high school All-America watch list enter senior high school season.
• Named to the Soccer Coaches Association of New Jersey all-state first team as a junior after helping guide team to an 18-2-3 record and a non-public state championship.
• Also earned first team all-conference, all-area and all-county honors.
• Was an all-state choice on the 15-5-1 Pingry School roster as a sophomore, as the team claimed the Non-Public A State sectional championship.
• Competed with the Somerset County, Skyland Conference and non-public state sectional champion Pingry School squad as a freshman, compiling an 18-3-2 record.
• Earned letters in track as a freshman and senior, and holds the school record in the 1,600 meters.
• Plays on the club circuit with the Players Development Academy (PDA), and was a teammate of fellow 2020 signee Tommy McCabe.
• Member of the 1997 Pre-Academy National Champions with PDA in 2013, along with the U18 Academy National Championship club.
• Served as team captain for the U18 PDA squad.
• Was a U.S. Soccer training center invitee from 2010-15.
• Has been a four-year honor roll recipient and was chosen as an AP Scholar.
• Son of Jim and Alison Casey.
• Has one brother, Ryan.
• Has two sisters, Katlyn and Kyle.
• Sister, Kyle, is in the class of 2018 at Notre Dame.
• Sister, Katlyn, was a soccer letterwinner at Middlebury College.
• Mother, Alison, played field hockey at Trinity University.
• Enrolled in the College of Arts and Letters as an economics major.
Casey’s Career Statistics