2019-20 Men's Lacrosse Roster
#43 Griffin Westlin
Hometown Lebanon, NJ
High School Seton Hall Prep
AS A SOPHOMORE (2020 – Season Cancelled After Five Games Due to COVID-19)
- Started all five games as an attackman for the Irish.
- Tied for first in points over the five games, totaling 16.
- Led the Irish in assists with 10 and tied for fifth in goals with six.
- Posted multiple points in all five games.
- Recorded his first career hat trick, scoring a career-high three goals, in the win over No. 17 Richmond (2/23).
- Had two games with a career-best three assists, coming against No. 16 Denver (3/7) and No. 18 Ohio State (3/10).
- Also ranked fifth on the team in ground balls with 11.
AS A FRESHMAN (2019)
- Played in all 16 games at the attackman position in his first season with the Irish.
- Scored five goals and dished out seven assists to finish with 12 points.
- Made an instant impact in his collegiate debut, scoring a season-high two goals in the win over Detroit Mercy (2/16).
- Recorded a season-high two assists in the victories over Maryland (3/3) and UNC (4/20).
PREP & PERSONAL
- Two-time US Lacrosse High School All-American
- Selected to Under Armour All-America North Team
- Two-time Under Armour Underclass New Jersey Team honoree.
- Named 2018 USA Today All-USA Team.
- Led all players from the state of New Jersey in assists (70) in 2018.
- Honored as 2018 NJILCA Attackman of the Year.
- Ranked No. 19 in the 2018 Inside Lacrosse Power 100.
- Finished career at Seton Hall Preparatory with a school record 348 points off 186 goals and 162 assists.
- Posted a program record 142 points during senior season off 72 goals and 70 assists.
- Played club lacrosse with Leading Edge and Building Blocks Lacrosse.
- Honor Roll student.
- Volunteered at various organizations, including Wounded Warrior, Feed the Need, Meals on Wheels and Kairos.
- Son of Ken and Kimberly Westlin.
- Has two brothers (Andrew and Alex).