2019-20 Men's Lacrosse Roster
#45 Chris Nelson
Hometown Cornelius, NC
High School Cannon School
AS A SOPHOMORE (2020 – Season Cancelled After Five Games Due to COVID-19)
- Did not see action for Notre Dame.
AS A FRESHMAN (2019)
- Did not see action in his rookie season for the Fighting Irish.
PREP & PERSONAL
- US Lacrosse Academic All-America selection.
- Named a team captain during senior season.
- Set school records for career save percentage (.574) and single-season save percentage (.688) at Cannon School.
- Letterwinner in lacrosse, football and wrestling, totaling 11 letters.
- Selected as Most Outstanding Male Athlete during senior year at Cannon School.
- Two-time state finalist in wrestling.
- Earned the Cannon School Athletic Leadership Award.
- Played club lacrosse with Top Tier.
- Graduated Cum Laude and was a member of Spanish Honors Society and English Honors Society in high school.
- Finished school as an AP Scholar with Distinction.
- Volunteered with Habitat for Humanity and was on the Cannon School Athletic Leadership Council.
- Son of Chris and Joanie Nelson. Father, Chris, played lacrosse at Notre Dame.
- Has two brothers (Jack and Conor) and two sisters (Hannah and Kate).
- Father (Chris Nelson, ’92), sister (Hannah Nelson, ’21), aunt (Bridget Nelson, ’96), grandfather (John Nelson (’65) and great grandfather (John Nelson, ’30) are all Notre Dame alums.