2018-19 Men's Lacrosse Roster
#50 Ryder Garnsey
Weight 176 lbs.
Hometown Wolfeboro, NH
High School Phillips Academy
CAREER AWARDS & HONORS
- 2017 USILA Honorable Mention All-American
- 2017 Tewaaraton Award Watch List
- 2017 Inside Lacrosse Midseason First Team All-American
- 2017 Inside Lacrosse Preseason Third Team All-American
- 2017 Preseason All-ACC Team
- 2016 ACC Freshman of the Year
AS A JUNIOR (2018)
- Appeared in all 15 games for the Irish, starting nine.
- Led the team in points, recording 43 points off 29 goals and 14 assists.
- Fired 52 shots on goal, including a season-high six SOG on four occasions.
- His 29 goals ranked second on the team.
- Twice scored five goals, recording six points total both times (5-1-6) – against Michigan (3/21/18) and at Duke in the ACC Tournament (4/27/18).
- Recovered 21 ground balls, including a season-best six at North Carolina (4/21/18).
- Forced a turnover against both Duke (4/27/18) and Denver (5/13/18).
AS A SOPHOMORE (2017)
- Started 14 games as an attackman for the Irish in his second season
- Led the team with 43 points and assists with 23
- Ranked fourth on the team in goals with 20
- Totaled 27 ground balls, ranking fifth on the squad
- Scored a career-high six goals and added two assists in the season-opening win over Georgetown (2/18) to finish with a career-best eight points
- Recorded a career-high four assists at Denver (3/12) while adding two goals for a six-point performance
- Posted at least one goal and one assist in 11 outings
- Scooped up a season-high six ground balls in the regular season win over Marquette (4/11)
AS A FRESHMAN
- Named the ACC Freshman of the Year
- Started five of the 15 games he played in during his rookie season, finishing with 27 goals, 12 assists, 13 ground balls and two caused turnovers
- Ranked second on the team in goals (27), third in assists (12) and third in points (39)
- Scored a career-high five goals in a 17-7 win at Syracuse (4/2)
- Posted eight multiple goal games
- Scored four goals and dished out two assists in the regular season finale against Army (5/8)
- Found the back of the net three times in the first round of the NCAA Championships against Air Force (5/14)
- Recorded at least one point in 14-of-15 games, including each of the last 10 outings
PERSONAL AND PREP
- Ranked number one by Inside Lacrosse on its 2015 Top 40 Attackmen list and number two on the Inside Lacrosse Power 100 Freshmen list
- Played a post-grad year at Phillips Academy Andover in Andover, Massachusetts
- Posted 47 goals and 46 assists under the direction of head coach Steve Moreland at Phillips Academy
- Previously suited up for Brewster Academy (Wolfeboro, New Hampshire), where he is the all-time leading scorer
- Played club lacrosse for 3d Lacrosse
- Earned Under Armour All-America honors
- A U.S. Lacrosse High School All-America pick
- New England Player of the Year as senior
- Also played hockey all four years at Brewster Academy
- Son of Fred and Meighan Garnsey
- Has two siblings–Charlie and Erin
- Sister Erin played lacrosse at New Hampshire
- Enrolled in the College of Arts and Letters as a film, television and theatre major.