#8 Matt Steeves
AS A SOPHOMORE
• Notched an assist in Notre Dame’s 3-0 victory over Providence in the Ice Breaker Championship for his first career assist.
• Scored the third period, game-winning goal in Notre Dame’s 5-4 win at ninth-ranked Penn State (Dec. 7), marking his first career game winner.
• Gave the Irish a 2-0 lead over Boston College with his second goal of the season in what turned out to be a 4-0 victory (Dec. 31).
• Had the third period, game-tying goal in Notre Dame’s 5-4 overtime win against Penn State (March 1).
AS A FRESHMAN
- Notched a goal in Notre Dame’s 4-0 win over Alabama Huntsville, which was his first career game (Oct. 7).
- That goal came on Steeves’ first shot on goal in an Irish uniform.
IN THE USHL
- Joined the Irish after spending the 2016-17 season with the Muskegon Lumberjacks of the United States Hockey League (USHL).
- Scored 14 goals and added eight assists for 22 points in 58 games while also totaling 71 penalty minutes.
- Spent the 2015-16 season with the Sioux City Musketeers and in 58 games he scored 12 goals and notched three assists for 15 points to go along with 114 penalty minutes.
PREP & PERSONAL
- Played the 2014-2015 season with the New Hampshire Jr. Monarchs in the Eastern Hockey League (EHL), where he skated in 44 games and scored 14 goals and added 15 assists for 29 points.
- Graduated from East High School in Sioux City, Iowa.
- Played with the Junior Monarchs program from 2012-15.
- Son of Glen and Allison Steeves and has two younger brothers, Alex and Ben, who also played for the Dubuque Fighting Saints (USHL) in 2016-17.
- Majoring in Economics.
Goals: 1 (4x – vs. Penn State 3/1/19)
Assists: 1 (3x – vs. Penn State 3/2/19)
Points: 1 (7x – vs. Penn State 3/2/19)
Multi-Point Games: n/a
Point Streak: 2 games (March 1-present; 1-1-2)
Most Recent Goal: vs. Penn State 3/1/19