#23 Luke Novak
2017-18 AWARDS AND HONORS
• Academic All-Big Ten
AS A JUNIOR
• Made his season debut in the 6-4 win at Wisconsin (Jan. 18) and also played in the 2-2 tie at the United Center (Jan. 20).
AS A SOPHOMORE
• Made his Notre Dame debut in the 3-1 win over Sacred Heart (Oct. 20).
• Notched his first career point with an assist in Notre Dame’s 6-4 loss versus Omaha (Oct. 26).
AS A FRESHMAN
• Has not appeared in a game.
IN THE USPHL
• Novak played the 2015-16 season with the New Jersey Hitmen and in 41 games he totaled 12 goals and 35 assists for 47 points.
• He helped lead the Hitmen to the 2016 USPHL Championship, notching two goals and five assists for seven points in seven playoff games.
• His 47 points ranked tied for 13th in the league, while his 35 assists tied for sixth.
• Three of his goals and 10 of his assists came while skating on the power play.
IN THE BCHL & NAHL
• Prior to skating with the Hitmen, Novak played the 2014-15 season with both the Cowichan Valley Capitals (BCHL) and the Amarillo Bulls (NAHL).
• In 45 games with the Bulls, he scored 14 goals and added 23 assists for 37 points.
• Was a NAHL Top Prospect selectee.
PREP & PERSONAL
• Graduated from Lake Country Lutheran in Hartland, Wisconsin.
• Was also a two-time Wisconsin state high school champion.
• From 2011-14, he skated with the Milwaukee Jr. Admirals (T1EHL) U18 team.
• Full name is Luke Novak and he is the son of Michelle and Jeff Novak.
• Has a younger brother, Isaac, and a younger sister, Abigail.
• Four of his great uncles played professional tennis, led by Michael Cahill who reached as high as No. 16 the world.
• Majoring in Finance.
Assists: 1 (vs. Omaha 10/26/17)
Points: 1 (vs. Omaha 10/26/17)
Multi-Point Games: n/a
Point Streak: n/a