#4 Dennis Gilbert
IN THE PROS
• Signed a three-year, entry-level cotract with the Chicago Blackhawks (April 13)
2017-18 AWARDS AND HONORS
• 2017-18 Preseason All-CHN First Team (Sept. 20)
AS A JUNIOR
• Tied for first on the team in short-handed goals (2).
• Notched a goal in Notre Dame’s 5-3 season-opening win over Alabama Huntsville to tie the game at 3-3 (Oct. 5).
• That goal against the Chargers was his first since he netted the game winner in Notre Dame’s 4-3 comeback win at Boston College during his freshman season (Dec. 10, 2015).
• Missed game two of the Sacred Heart series with an injury.
• Posted his first career two-goal game in Notre Dame’s 6-2 win at 12th-ranked Wisconsin (Dec. 9), including his first career shorthanded tally.
• Scored his second shorthanded goal of the season in Notre Dame’s 4-3 loss to Michigan State (Feb. 24).
• Assisted on Cam Morrison’s game-winning goal in the B1G championship game (March 17).
AS A SOPHOMORE
• Tied a career high with two assists in Notre Dame’s 6-2 win over UConn (Oct. 28).
• Then had a two-assist game in Notre Dame’s next contest, a 5-2 win at Northeastern (Nov. 12).
• Also posted a two-assist game in Notre Dame’s 6-4 loss at Boston College (Jan. 28).
• Notched a pair of assists in Notre Dame’s 3-2 win over Maine in Portland (Feb. 10) and added an assist the next night for a three-point weekend.
• Was named the Hockey East Defensive Player of the Week following that sweep of Maine (Feb. 13).
• Had a pair of assists in Notre Dame’s 4-1 win over 10th-ranked Providence (Feb. 17) and then also had a pair of assists in game two against Providence (Feb. 18).
• Named the Hockey East’s Best Defensive Defenseman (March 15) and a Hockey East Third Team All-Star (March 16).
AS A FRESHMAN
• Played in all 37 games while scoring two goals and adding eight assists for 10 points.
• Finished the season with one power-play goal and one game winner.
• Was +5 on the year, had 54 shots on goal.
• Led the team with 70 blocks.
• Notched his first career point on an assist in his first career game, a season-opening 7-4 win at Penn State (Oct. 16).
• Had his first career multi-point game with a pair of assists in Notre Dame’s 8-2 win over UConn at the Barclays Center (Nov. 1).
• Scored his first career goal in a 2-2 tie at UMass Lowell (Nov. 20).
• Scored the game-winning goal with 22 seconds left in the third period and added an assist in Notre Dame’s 4-3 comeback win at then third-ranked Boston College (Dec. 10).
• After scoring his first career game-winning goal in dramatic fashion, was named the Hockey East Player of the Week (Dec. 14).
• Had a pair of assists in Notre Dame’s 7-1 win over Western Michigan (Jan. 8).
• Selected in the third round, 91st overall, by the Chicago Blackhawks in the 2015 NHL Entry Draft.
IN THE USHL
• Joined the Irish after spending the 2014-15 season with the Chicago Steel of the United States Hockey League (USHL).
• Played in 59 games, scoring four goals and adding 23 assists for 27 points and had 89 penalty minutes.
• His 27 points ranked 14th among USHL defensemen.
• Registered seven points (1-6-7) in the final six games of the regular season.
• Played in the 2015 USHL/NHL Top Prospects Game in Dubuque, Iowa and registered an assist.
• Named to the 2014-15 USHL All-Rookie First Team.
PREP & PERSONAL
• Was a three-sport star at St. Joseph’s Collegiate Institute in Tonawanda, New York.
• Earned first-team All-Western New York honors as a long stick midfielder in lacrosse for St. Joe’s while also quarterbacking a Maurauder football team for which his father, also named Dennis, has served a coach since 1986.
• Began to concentrate on hockey in 2013-14 when he joined the Buffalo Junior Sabres of the Ontario Junior Hockey League (OJHL).
• In 35 games with the Junior Sabres, scored four goals and added 23 assists for 27 points.
• Graduated high school from St. Joseph’s Collegiate Institute.
• Full name is Dennis Gilbert Jr. and he is the son of Dennis and Kim Gilbert.
• Has a younger brother, Patrick, and a younger sister, Shannon.
• Enrolled in the College of Arts & Letters and pursuing a degree in political science.
Goals: 2 (at Wisconsin 12/9/17)
Assists: 2 (8x – vs. Providence 2/18/17)
Points: 2 (10x – at Wisconsin 12/9/17)
Multi-point games: 10
Point Streak: 5 games (Feb. 4 – Feb. 18, 2017; 0-9-9)