#27 Bobby Nardella
AS A JUNIOR
• Scored a power-play goal in Notre Dame’s season-opening win over Alabama Huntsville (Oct. 6) and then added an assist in the 4-0 game two win over the Chargers for a two-point weekend.
• Had two assists in game one against Sacred Heart (Oct. 19).
• Had a goal and an assist in Notre Dame’s 6-4 loss to Omaha (Oct. 26).
• Posted two assists in Notre Dame’s 5-4 win over Omaha (Oct. 27).
• Had a goal and an assist in Notre Dame’s 5-3 win over Penn State (Nov. 10).
• Notched a pair of assists, including the primary assist on Bo Brauer’s game winner, in Notre Dame’s 5-3 victory at Penn State (Feb. 2).
• Had a pair of assists in Notre Dame’s 6-3 win over Michigan State (Feb. 23).
• Registered assist in B1G title game win over Ohio State (March 17).
• Assisted on Jordan Gross’ goal in NCAA regional semifinal win over Michigan Tech (March 23).
• Blocked three shots in the Frozen Four Tournament game against Michigan (April 5).
AS A SOPHOMORE
• Opened the season with a career-high two goals in Notre Dame’s 9-2 win over Arizona State (Oct. 7).
• Had a goal and two assists in the third period of Notre Dame’s 5-4 loss at UMass (Dec. 2).
• Injured in the first game of the Merrimack series and missed six games (lower body injury) before returning for the Maine series (Feb. 10).
• Posted two assists in Notre Dame’s 4-2 win at Maine (Feb. 11).
• Had a game-tying, power-play goal against 10th-ranked Providence in the 3-3 overtime tie (Feb. 18).
• Scored the game-winning goal in Notre Dame’s 5-2 victory over Providence in game two of the Hockey East quarterfinals, which clinched the series (March 11).
• Finished the season with seven goals and 14 assists for a total of 21 points.
AS A FRESHMAN
• Named to the Hockey East All-Rookie Team and was selected as Notre Dame’s Rookie of the Year.
• He skated in 35 game and finished tied for fifth on the team with 24 points on four goals and 20 assists.
• He scored one power-play goal, finished with a +9 plus/minus rating and also blocked 20 shots.
• With three goals and 11 assists for 14 points in Hockey East play, he ranked eighth in scoring among Hockey East defensemen while also ranking eighth in scoring among Hockey East rookies.
• Named the Hockey East Rookie of the Week twice (Oct. 26 & Jan. 18).
• Nationally, he ranked 13th in points-per game among defenseman and fourth among freshmen defenseman.
• Registered his first career point with an assist at Penn State (Oct. 17) in his second career game.
• Scored his first career goal in Notre Dame’s 3-3 tie with Minnesota Duluth (Oct. 23) and followed that up the next night with a pair of assists in Notre Dame’s 3-3 tie against the Bulldogs.
• Had a goal in Notre Dame’s 8-2 win over UConn at the Barclays Center (Nov. 1).
• Had a pair of assists in Notre Dame’s 3-3 tie at Western Michigan (Jan. 9).
• Had a career-high three points in Notre Dame’s 7-2 win over Merrimack (Jan. 15) on a goal and two assists.
• Followed that game up with a goal and an assist the next night in Notre Dame’s 5-1 win over the Warriors for a five-point weekend en route to being named the Hockey East Rookie of the Week.
• Had a pair of assists in Notre Dame’s 5-1 win at New Hampshire (Jan. 22).
IN THE USHL
• Joined the Irish after playing the previous two seasons in the United States Hockey League (USHL).
• Played with the Tri-City Storm in 2014-15, scoring 10 goals and adding 32 assists for 42 points in 56 games.
• His 42 points ranked third among USHL defensemen.
• Ranked third in the USHL with 22 power-play assists and also ranked tied for third in scoring on the Storm while leading the team in assists.
• Had 31 penalty minutes and finished the season with a +15 plus/minus rating.
• Recorded 16 points (4-12-16) in the final 14 games of the regular season to help the Storm earn a playoff berth.
• Helped the Storm advance to the conference semifinals, scoring a pair of goals and adding seven assists in seven playoff games.
• Named to the 2014-15 All-USHL Second Team.
• Began his USHL career in 2013-14 with the Sioux City Musketeers and played in 52 games while scoring a goal and registering 12 assists for 13 points.
• Had a goal and an assist for two points in six playoff games with the Musketeers.
• In 108 career USHL games, notched 11 goals and 44 assists for 55 points while also recording 11 points (3-8-11) in 13 playoff games.
• A first round selection of the Musketeers, eighth overall in the 2012 USHL Futures Draft.
WITH USA HOCKEY
• Member of Team USA at the 2014-15 World Junior A Challenge (WJAC-19), which won gold in Kindersley, Saskatchewan.
• Had two assists in four games at that tournament.
• Played for Team USA in the 2013 Ivan Hlinka Tournament held in the Czech Republic and Slovakia.
• In five games, recorded one assist as the U.S. won the silver medal, falling in the title game to Canada.
• In August of 2012, he was a member of USA Hockey’s Under-17 team that was 5-0-0 and won the gold medal at the Five Nations Tournament in the Czech Republic.
PREP & PERSONAL
• A product of the Chicago Mission midget program.
• Graduated from East High School (Sioux City, Iowa).
• His full name is Robert Virgil Nardella III and he is the son of Bob and Alicia Nardella.
• Nardella’s father, Bob, played college hockey at Ferris State, played professionally for the Chicago Wolves (AHL) and was a member of Italy’s National Team, playing in two Olympic Games (Nagano and Turin).
• Has a younger brother, Nicholas.
• Enrolled in the College of Arts & Letters with a major in political science.
Goals: 2 (vs. Arizona State 10/7/16)
Assists: 2 (8x – vs. Michigan State 2/23/18)
Points: 3 (vs. Merrimack 1/15/16)
Multi-Point Games: 14
Point Streak: 6 games (Jan. 2-23; 2-10-12)