2020-21 Men's Golf Roster
Hometown Murrysville, PA
High School Franklin Regional
FRESHMAN SEASON (2019-20) *Cut short due to Covid-19 in March
- Was 1-of-the-5 regular Irish lineup members in the fall whom spearheaded the record breaking four tournament title wins in five events and a top-10 national ranking.
- Contributing member to the 2019-20 squad who set a new program record for season stroke average with 282.26 strokes per round.
- Nominee for the 2020 Phil Mickelson Award, which recognizes college golf’s top freshman.
- Recorded the second lowest season stroke average in program history with 70.79 strokes/round. Played in all 19 possible rounds.
- Led the team with six top-25 finishes, three top-10s and two top-fives.
- Won his first collegiate individual title at the Quail Valley Intercollegiate after firing off a 16-under par (200), which set a new program 54-hole record. It also set a new Quail Valley record as well. Jackson sealed the team tournament title with a birdie on the 18th
- In addition, Jackson’s second round 66 (-6) at Quail Valley marked a career low round – also tied the sixth lowest round in program history.
- Finished 14-under par overall on the year with a 211.83 tournament average.
- Counted 18-of-19 rounds toward the team score.
- Tallied eight total rounds under-par and six rounds at even-par.
- Averaged just 7.0 strokes behind the tournament leader on the season.
- Posted the best run at the U.S. Amateur by a Notre Dame golfer in over 79 years, tying Tom Veech’s run to the quarterfinals back in 1950. Jackson’s run included knocking off Stanford national champion and 2018 U.S. Amateur semifinalist Isaiah Salinda, two-up.
- Attended Franklin Regional
- National Honor Society
- Highest Honor Roll with Distinction
- Four-year letterwinner not only in golf but baseball as well
- Three-time Section Champion
- County team tournament three-time champions
- Averaging 34.8 strokes per nine holes as a senior
- Averaged 35.14 strokes per nine holes as junior in high school
- Ranked No. 20 in the Class of 2019 by Golfweek
- Produced six top-10 finishes in AJGA Open Championships
- Won the 2019 Memorial AJGA at Ohio State Scarlet Course with 72-73-70
- Qualified for the 2019 U.S. Junior.
- Won the 2019 CR Miller Match Play. Became the first person to win the event three times (’15, ’17, ’19).
- Top 25-showings at the 2019 Sunnehanna Amateur and Terra Cotta Amateur.
- Tied for second at the 2019 West Penn Amateur with 72-70-77.
- Four wins against the top-25 in 2018
- Two-time AJGA TransAmerica Scholastic Honorable Mention (2017, 2018)
- 2018 Western Regional Champion (West half of Pennsylvania)
- 2018 Pennsylvania Interscholastic State Champion
- Runner-up in 2017
- Played in the 2018 U.S. Amateur at Pebble Beach
- Averaged 71.88 strokes in all 2018 competitive events
- Two-time WPGA junior player of the year (2017, 2018)
- Broke the Meadowink Golf Course record with a 62 (-10)
- Finished 32nd in stroke play at the 2018 U.S. Junior Amateur, qualifying for match play
- Finished 23rd at the 2018 Junior PGA Championship with rounds of 74-71-75-70.
- 2017 Pennsylvania Junior Championship title winner with rounds of 70-71.
- 2015 & 2017 WPGA C.R. Miller Match Play Champion (youngest champion ever at age 14)
|Year||Tournaments||Rounds||Counted||Strokes||Avg.||Top Rd||Top 54||Top Finish – Event|
|2019-20||7||19||18/19||1,345||70.79||66 (-6)||200 (-16)||1st (Quail Valley Collegiate)|
|Career||7||19||18/19||1,345||70.79||66 (-6)||200 (-16)||
1st (Quail Valley Collegiate)