2020-21 Men's Golf Roster
Hometown Attleboro, MA
High School Bishop Feehan
JUNIOR SEASON (2019-20) *Cut short due to Covid-19 in March
- Was 1-of-the-5 regular Irish lineup members in the fall whom spearheaded the record breaking four tournament title wins in five events and a top-10 national ranking.
- Contributing member to the 2019-20 squad who set a new program record for season stroke average with 282.26 strokes per round.
- Posted what would have been the second lowest season stroke average in program history at 70.75 strokes/round. *Only played 16 rounds and needed 18 to qualify.
- Finished at 11-under par overall on the year, averaging 212.0 strokes per tournament.
- Boasted an impressive second round average of 69.6 strokes.
- Sealed the team victory at the Fighting Irish Classic with a clutch-par putt on the 18th Chatfield achieved his best showing of the year – fourth place with a 208 (-5).
- In addition, Chatfield carded a second round seven-under par (64) at the Fighting Irish Classic, which tied the lowest score in program history.
- Tallied a final round 66 (-6) at the Badger Invitational, recording four consecutive birdies on holes 13-16 to finish in a tie for sixth place.
- Earned four top-25 finishes, two top-10s and one top-five.
- Lone Irish golfer to count every round towards team score, going a perfect 16-for-16.
- Tallied seven rounds under-par with an additional five at even-par.
- Averaged 7.7 strokes behind the tournament leader.
SOPHOMORE SEASON (2018-19):
- Ping Division I All-Midwest Team
- Qualified for match play at the U.S. Amateur at Pebble Beach. Chatfield then defeated Ryan Smith to advance to the Round of 32.
- Only competed in the fall where he posted the lowest stroke average on the team with a 71.07.
- Finished under-par for three of the five tournaments played and ultimately finished five-under par for the fall.
- Produced four top-25 finishes.
- Best finish came at the Northern Intercollegiate, where he recorded a fourth place showing.
- Shot eight-under par (205) at the Fighting Irish Classic in a 13th place effort. His eight-under was the second lowest 54-hole score on the year and ranked eighth all-time.
- 14 of his 15 rounds counted toward the team score (.933)
- Shot nine rounds under par and one at even-par.
FRESHMAN SEASON (2017-18):
- Top Irish individual at both the Fighting Irish Classic & K-State Bighorn Invitational
- Best finishes: 3rd at Fighting Irish Classic (205, -5) // T-14th at K-State (211, -5) // T-12th at ACC Championships (208, -8) // T-21st at Badger (215, -1)
- Earned one top-10 finish & four in the top-25
- Shot a round low of 67 twice – 2nd Rd at Badger & 1st Rd at ACC Championships
- Shot a 54-hole low of 208 at ACC Championships
- Finished four tournaments under par
- Averaged 72.75 strokes per round – 9th lowest all-time in program history
- Second most consistent Irish player with 28 of his 32 rounds counting (.875)
- Produced the second most rounds under par on the team with 13, including six in the 60’s
- Graduated from Bishop Feehan High
- Lettered four years in golf under head coach Arthur Anderson
- Career Highlight: Winning team and individual states junior year
- Recorded a 33.6 nine-hole average in his senior year
- Named a Boston Globe All-Star, Boston Herald All-Star, Eastern Athletic Conference All-Star and a Sun Chronicle All-Star
- Finished second at the 2017 World Series of Junior Golf and second at the Hornblower Memorial
- Achieved first place finishes at the 2016 Rhode Island Amateur, the World Series of Golf and the Attleboro Open
- In 2015, won the Rhode Island Junior Amateur
- Made cut at the Northeast Amateur Invitational
- On the Honor Roll, along with being in both the Math & French Honor Societies
- Son of Stephen Chatfield & Anna Ison-Chatfield
- Has two older brothers
- Favorite hobby is going to the gym
- Favorite athlete is Tiger Woods
- Future career plans include becoming a professional golfer
Chatfield’s Career Statistics:
|Year||Tournaments||Rounds||Count||Strokes||Avg.||Top Rd||Top 54||Top Finish (Field)- Event|
|2017-18||11||32||28/32||2,328||72.75||67 (-5)||208 (-8)||3rd (Fighting Irish Classic)|
|2018-19||5||15||14/15||1,066||71.07||68 (-4)||205 (-8)||4th (Northern Intercollegiate)|
|2019-20||6||16||16/16||1,132||70.75||64 (-7)||208 (-5)||4th (Fighting Irish Classic)|
|Career||22||63||58/63||4,526||71.84||64 (-7)||205 (-8)||3rd (’17 Fighting Irish Classic)|