SOPHOMORE SEASON (2019-20) *Cut short due to Covid-19 in March
- Helped paved the way for the record breaking four tournament title wins in five events and a top-10 national ranking.
- Played in six tournaments, spanning 16 rounds. Averaged 71.44 strokes per round.
- Finished at three-under par overall on the year, averaging 214.6 strokes per tournament.
- Earned four top-25 finishes, two top-10s and one top-five.
- Kho tied for second place at the Quail Valley Collegiate with a 202 (-14), marking a career best showing and a career low score. In fact, his 14-under par marked the second lowest 54-hole score in program history.
- His final round 66 (-6) at Quail Valley not only marked a new career low, but also tied the sixth lowest round in program history.
- Kho not only broke into the Irish lineup at the Colleton River Collegiate, but also led the squad with a 213 (-3), good for seventh place and his second career top-10 finish.
- Counted all three rounds toward the team score at Colleton River.
- Tallied nine rounds under-par on the year.
- Averaged 9.0 strokes behind the tournament leader.
FRESHMAN SEASON (2018-19):
- Averaged 73.58 strokes over 26 rounds spanning nine tournaments – seven of which were a part of the official team roster.
- Led the Irish at The Prestige with a 219 (+6), 24th place showing.
- Posted three top-25 finishes.
- Best finish was a 15th place showing at the Badger Invitational with a 216 (+1).
- Shot a low round of 68 twice – at The Fighting Irish Classic and Augusta Haskins Awards Invitational.
- Shot a tournament low of 214 (-2) at the Augusta Invitational as well.
- 13 of his 20 rounds counted toward the team score.
- Shot five rounds under-par and three at even-par.
- Attended Discovery College
- Played 11 years under Coach Mark Mossip
- Named MVP Golfer and Sportsman of the Year at Discovery College in 2017
- Has displayed continuous growth, improving his stroke average every year: 80.7 in 2014, 76.2 in 2015, 73.6 in 2016 and 71.7 in 2017.
- Earned the Outstanding Effort & Achievement Award from 2014-17
- Garnered the ‘Balanced’ IB Learner Profile Award in 2017
Notable Prep Tournaments:
- Earned his first victory at the 2016 Hong Kong Junior Open, then later secured his first professional win at the Hong Kong PGA Order of Merit Leg 1, becoming the first amateur to win the event
- Also picked up tournament championships over the past year at the Hong Kong Junior Close, Truevisions International, the Jack Nicklaus Junior and the ISSFHK.
- Qualified for the 2017 UBS Hong Kong Open
- Competed at the Asia-Pacific Amateur Championships in New Zealand & Malaysia
- Won the Mason Hills Jack Nicklaus Junior Championship
- Born & raised in Hong Kong
- Son of Yoko Kikuchi and Victor Kho
- Has two older sisters
- Enjoys golfing and spending time with family and friends
- Favorite athlete is Tiger Woods
- One thing nobody knows about him: loves watching films that are obscure in a sense that makes you think for a few days until you can fully grasp and embrace the visuals as an expression of emotion.
Coach Handrigan on Kho:
“Taichi has already proven he is a great player. He has what it takes to be highly successful in college and it’s up to Coach Gump and I to take his game to the next level. Taichi is an exceptional person and will represent Notre Dame with class.”
|Year||Tournaments||Rounds||Counted||Strokes||Avg.||Top Rd||Top 54||Top Finish – Event|
|2018-19||9||26||13/20||1,913||73.58||68 (-4)||214 (-2)||15th (Badger Invitational)|
|2019-20||6||16||3/3||1,143||71.44||66 (-6)||202 (-14)||2nd (Quail Valley Collegiate)|
|Career||15||42||16/23||3,056||72.76||66 (-6)||202 (-14)||
2nd (Quail Valley Collegiate)